Sunday, June 21, 2015

UFO Flavour of the Month...

We are moving onto yet another UFO!!  

Let me give you some background on this UFO...for one thing, it's been hanging around for more years than I care to mention!  I bought this fabric in a quilt shop on the coast of California...I'm thinking Monterey...  about eight years ago...The shop sold the fabric in a large yardage roll and it was wonderful yarn dyed striped fabric.  It was on their clearance table and it was cheap!  They had a sample quilt hanging up on the wall which was left over from a class on how to use a 45 degree ruler... WELL...I had the  45 degree ruler waiting at home to make the blocks for this quilt...so it was of course love at first sight!  
As soon as I got home, I cut all of the blocks out...had fun sewing a few blocks together and then it all went into a tote...and it's been waiting for me to return ever since...yup...it's been a long time!

But you know...time flies when you are having fun...and these blocks are fun to make...and so easy to put together and would make a perfect masculine quilt...

It's time!


Stay tuned...this one is GETTING finished....sooner rather than later or maybe I should say, later rather than sooner! ;o}} Yup...It's time for some serious UFO busting!

Have a Sunny Sunday and Happy Quilting~P





9 comments:

  1. Wow--those stripes might make one dizzy! I am on a roll getting some of my old quilt tops quilted starting with the Winter Solstice--thanks for the link Paulette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always so great to pick up a UFO and move it along to the finish line. Great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! Looks like it was a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep going with it. As you mentioned, these fabrics and pattern would make a great quilt for a boy or man. It's always hard to fine the right fabrics for a masculine quilt. Either the fabric has flowers or it's pink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my .... this is going to be very striking! Oh yes, this one deserves to be finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your blocks look anything but easy to put together, matching all those stripes I think is an achievement. As you say will make a great quilt for the male species.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you - although that fabric would make me dizzy, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Fantastic use of stripes and your matching looks spot on. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and I are on the same course. One UFO after another. Every now and again I have to break out a new project but I'm making a huge effort to empty all those project boxes!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete