Wednesday, June 10, 2015

I Got Mail...

I got mail yesterday all the way from Maine, USA...thanks to fellow blogger, Constant Quilter!  Have a peek...

It's Liberty Fabric...she had just finished a project and would I like her scraps?  Liberty fabric?....OMGosh!!  SURE!!  I never say no to someone else's scraps!


After reading my blog post on Liberty Fabric and settling for some Liberty knock offs, Wendy took pity on me and sent me the REAL DEAL...now I am hooked...spoiled for any kind of fake fabric!  Yes, fake fabric!  (I think I have just invented a new quilting term! LOL) 

I had never seen Liberty fabric before, never touched it...oh man, it's like butter!  So soft and light!  I wish you could reach inside the screen for a feel....some day that technology will come...but for now, you will have to settle for a look!  Two gorgeous prints...


Both are wonderful...and it's always nice to have a pop of red in a quilt!  Like a Summer Garden!


Blogging Friends are the BEST!  Thank you Wendy!  It was very generous and VERY thoughtful of you to have taken the time to bundle up this very sweet bundle and send it my way!  I just read on someone else's blog that you were spreading cheer her way too!  Some people are just like that...incredibly wonderful...like a ray of sunshine!

If you haven't spent any time with Wendy over at her blog, 'The Constant Quilter', then give your head a shake!!  It is full of quilting goodness and 'our kind of quilts'!!  She is constantly working on a project, constantly banging off a quilt, constantly showing off her's or someone elses' quilting creations!  Geezes...I wonder where she got the name for her blog?  SEW what are you waiting for...go HERE and visit for yourself!  I guarantee her blog will go on your sidebar under Favourite Blogs!  You will want to look over her shoulder...daily.... as she is Constantly Quilting!

Have a wonderful Wednesday and Happy Stitching!~P

12 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Liberty fabric!!! Gosh!! It's beautiful, stunning colours too... Oooh how I would just love to feel it!!
    Happy creating :)
    Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky gal - quilters are the best! So happy that you have now experienced the real deal - love the red print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew glad she shared! That's the fun part of Quilting, swapping and passing along the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are lucky, liberty fabrics are very pretty, and I know what you mean about how they feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg is right! Have fun sewing with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She does amazing work, love her blog too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy your pieces of cloth and think beautiful projects. I use the translator, who will not ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a treat. Enjoy the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah oh...a new fabric addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a lovely gift and big scraps too! wonder what you have planned for this fabric

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that fabric--I had never heard of Liberty fabric until reading it on your blog. And, there is a quilter out there more prolific than you??

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's surprisingly hard wearing, too, for such a light fabric. I had a Liberty blouse back in the 80s that I wore every week for years. I'm sure everyone was sick of the sight of it!

    ReplyDelete