Thursday, June 4, 2015

Snowmen A to Zzzzzz....

The joy of having a blog is that I can write about anything I want to...and today I want to write about THIS quilt!  It's called "Snowmen A to Zzzzz" and it's by Crabapple Hill Studio.  This quilt has been on my 'To Do List' ever since I bought the pattern several years ago!

I was delighted to see it hanging at the Generation to Generation Quilt Show in Parksville last week and it stopped me in my tracks!  I loved the way the quilter, Lillian  stitched this quilt!

Lillian took the colours from the border prints...which was a snowflake novelty print and stitched her blocks accordingly...and then tied everything together with this lovely red/pink striped fabric for her inner border and binding...LOVED it! (if you click on any of the pictures, you can have a little slide show!!:o)
 Check out the closeups....


Gorgeous stitching...and love the cross hatched quilting!





I think Lillian has provided me with the inspiration to finally pull out that dusty pattern and finally get this one done!  It would be the perfect RV project, don't you think...?



 Here is the write up on Lillian and her stitching group...yup, this WOULD be fun to do as a Sew Along...food for thought!


 And the best thing about writing a blog...do you see that 'Search My Blog' button on the bottom right hand side bar?....I can type in "Snowmen A to Zzzzz" and retrieve this post for future viewing...and so can YOU!  I LOVE THAT!!  :o))

So that's it for this mornings' post...I hope you enjoyed Lillanne's quilt as much as I did...even though it's not Winter and there is no snow...or snowmen!  But not to worry, they will be here before we know it, so get out there and enjoy that sunshine! :o)

Have a thrilling Thursday and Happy Stitching!~P

14 comments:

  1. I really love that quilt too! Wish I could still do some hand work. I can't even do binding now. I like the tip on the search. Thanks as always for sharing! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I tried to edit my comment and it deleted it-sorry) Here's what I wanted to say:

    Yes, I love the quilt. I have a question for you. Every time you blog about a pattern you have in your pattern stash, you get inspired to pull it out and start on it. I used your little search box to see how many projects you had started and it said "search too large". How many ufo's do you have going? Hahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bev...is a total stinker...it's like asking someone how much chocolate they eat in a day, LOL! Did she quilt right over the top of her stitching??? I do not have this particular pattern to quilt along but I do have over the river and through the woods??? do you have that???

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an adorable quilt, but I have Winter Wonderland to do first..may be a while,

    Another hint about doing a search of your blog. At the top left above your header there is a search window also. It is on all blogspot blogs. I just entered Snowmen into it and the first post that popped up was one from 2009...check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The candy cane stripe border is perfect for this quilt. When are you going to start. You could do a sew-along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pattern, and the beautiful stitching. This pattern would certainly keep you busy on the road to California.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pattern is one Crabapple Hills best. I got mine done a couple of years ago and I love it. So dig yours out. It's a good one. I machine quilted right over the embroidery in both this quilt and the Over the River one too. It turned out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crabapple patterns are always beautiful! Thanks for sharing... I hope you do make this one... and I hope you have a group to do it with! A special thanks to Lillian who will never know how many people she inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is an adorable quilt! Thanks for the close-up pictures of it, too. Love her choice of colors and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep----good project for the long ride to CA and then evening stitching. Just think you could have it done when you return in
    April------is that wishful thinking??

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a great quilt! Such cute snowmen! The striped border fabric is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did this one last year for DD2. It was a fun stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wish I could get all my Christmas things done in June. Lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete