Thursday, June 25, 2015

My Love Affair...with Hand Work....


I can't show you what I'm currently working on...secrets are happening in my sewing room!  BUT while I was stitching, I was thinking of all those UFOs that still need to be completed!  Too many to mention all BUT I was looking at this one...wondering where it will fit in with the grand scheme of things and how to finish it.

If I was a good blogger, I would have ironed these blocks before showing them off...
 I love embroidery work...especially while traveling down the freeway...either towards our Snow-birding destination or home!  It's an easy project to pack, with little supplies to bring.  The above project was a FREE pattern put out by a pattern company YEARS ago (I can remember which one...sorry)!  And these two little gingerbread blocks were for another free project...and can easily get tossed into the mix...or not! {UPDATE...I think they were Sprigs 'n Twigs Patterns...and they seem to have closed....:o((}

                                                   

Then there is this Rosalie Quinlan's project called 'Little Patchwork Village'...a fun one to stitch!

 ...and it has sat in the tote long enough!

It's a sweet little village of wee houses...

I just need to finish the wreath on the door to complete these stitcheries!

And here is JoAnn Mullaly's "Baskets of Life"...love this pattern! 

 The cutest baskets with woolie gold stars added to the mix!
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

 Yup, this one NEEDS to be finished off!

Is it any wonder why I haven't started anything new?
With the exception of prepping this Gail Pan "All Things Christmas" project...which is all prepped and ready to roll for our next road trip in July...:o))

                                             

  IF this one gets finished, it's going to be DANG cute!  Hey, it's all about the process...right?

Someday I WILL finish these quilts...OH, YES I WILL!

Have a thrilling Thursday and Happy Stitching!~P

7 comments:

  1. I love handwork too.... your embroideries are so cute. I'm aiming to make up a few for myself to work on soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the Baskets of Life blocks but never finished the quilt. Still like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hand stitching when my hands cooperate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're on a roll and will have some awesome quilts to show for it. Keep going. Maybe you need to plan a road trip to have more stitching time. Or just have some one drive you around and around. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. some lovely blocks here which will make great wallhangings. I too enjoy hand stitching have got a red work project but using green of cat blocks on the go at the moment, yes think I will do some more on it today and give the sewing machine a rest

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love it. Almost everything I do is poky, slow, handwork of one sort or another :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! Love seeing the little houses and your precious embroideries. The little Patchwork Village is exquisite...what a beautiful piece you will have when finished. I also travel with stitcheries!

    ReplyDelete