Monday, February 2, 2015

Vintage Finds…

…sounds so much classier than Garage Sale Crap or Thrifty Finds, don’t you think?  Well my loot for the weekend was indeed Vintage Treasure…

This is what followed my home from a Garage Sale on Saturday~

Four Vintage Sheets…to make quilts like THIS (yes, I have a Vintage Quilts Board on Pinterest and I love them ALL!!)  $1 each!  “SCORE!!”

IMG_3571

This old vintage Children’s sewing machine that is SEW stinking CUTE!  Everything in great condition…including projects book and manual!  $8…”SCORE!”

IMG_3573

AND this is what followed me home from the Palm Springs Vintage Flea Market (it’s held on every first Sunday of each new month)…

This old drawer that was used back in ‘the olden days’ for holding printing type…and two old sewing machine cabinet drawers….

I got the printing type drawer for $17 (the seller was asking $25)… “SCORE”

IMG_3636

And the sewing cabinet drawers were $5 each…but the one on the right has a wee hole in the bottom so I got it for $3!  Hey, it doesn’t hurt to ask…right?  “SCORE”!!

IMG_3637

I was THRILLED with my ‘finds’…and have found homes for them in the basement of our RV…much to the dismay from hubby!!  Last year I was pulling ‘stuff’ from that basement that he didn’t even know about!  This year he has been watching it like a hawk!  I say, it’s all good…right!

Tomorrow I will share the pictures that I took while at the Vintage Fair!  I love going to them as there is so much to see and explore and I love to hear the vendors’ stories behind each item of interest!

Till then…

Have a Magical Monday and Happy Quilting!~P

23 comments:

  1. I would say double SCORE on the child's sewing machine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that little sewing machine is worth some money!! Good going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds. You really picked up some great treasures. That sewing machine is a rare find these days and what a deal. If you run out of basement space, I may be able to bring up a few things for you this summer.

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it all...but the little sewing machine is adorable! Great prices too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds for sure. Can you tell me what kind of needle that machine calls for? I recently got a toy hand crank Romance brand and don't know what needle to get. A regular one won't fit. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...I have never heard of vintage quilts before...very cool......and it looks like you found a bunch of treasures.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds. You really know what to pick. Loved the vintage sheets and also the wee machine. Great going. You have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sheets are beautiful. A real score. And the sewing machine drawers will be very handy for all kinds of accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had one of those little Singer sewing machines at one time. I paid $5 for it at a thrift store years ago. I sold it before a move and have been sorry that I did. What was I thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anytime you want to sell that Children's sewing machine give me a shout, ha ha! Loved the reference about your husband watching you accumulate and pack away your treasures...I can so relate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your finds, especially the little sewing machine. I look at them all the time but always out of pocketbook reach... But happy for you.. You use sheets in quilts?..hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful sweet vintage treasures! I agree that cute sewing machine has to be the deal of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That wee sewing machine is sew cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are one of the best shoppers I know! I think part of it is you know just where to go to find the treasures. Good job, girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, you never know what treasures you'll find. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice vintage shopping Paulette,

    I have a non electric toy Singer with a similar colour and body styling. Alas no box or instruction manual. I did get a KayanEE SewMaster that is pink at the same time and it has original instruction book, box and warrantee. Yours is a better price.

    Love the drawers and printers tray. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very fun finds. I saw an old kids machine the other day, but not in great shape and not that old.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't you feel like you won the lottery when You discover finds like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I do need to go vintage shopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want to go shopping with you, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great finds! I saw some of those sewing drawers painted really cute on Lori Holts website.

    ReplyDelete