Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Visit With GLYNIS means…

…LOTS and LOTS of EYE CANDY!!  Pour yourself a coffee and enjoy the tour…I’m sure Glynis won’t mind!!  :0)

Now last time I wrote about visiting Glynis it was around Christmas time…you might want to see her house all decked out for Christmas…!!  This woman KNOWS how to decorate!

So this time it was just before Halloween…and man talk about TREATS!!  Have a gander…

Tons of little sweet wall hangings on those sweet wire hanging racks….

P1240843P1240844

Gwen, does this Pineapple Delight look familiar?  (Gwen was working on her own version while down south one year…check it out HERE!)  YES, I hang with some talented people!!  Love this quilt!

P1240837

And of course there are touches of wonderful wool work throughout Glynis’ house!

P1240846

Do you recognise this Buggy Barn Witches quilt??  I sure do!  Imagine my SURPRISE when I realized that I wrote about it way back HERE BEFORE I met Glynis?!  It was on display at our local quilt shop one year and so I took pictures of it…and I wrote about it HERE!!  Now as I said, this was long before I met Glynis!!  I said some things about the witches’ noses…some things that weren’t kind…jeeze…just shows you, you REALLY have to be carefully what you write about…but it’s all good!  Right Glynis…right?

P1240839

You just never noses…:0)

P1240842

I am also loving this quilt rack…and star…and bird houses!!

P1240847

 

Yup…I have this pattern…so sweet!

P1240840

Love this mat beside Glynis’ stitching chair!

P1240848

How sweet is this under her sunflower painting!

P1240850

Fall touches EVERYWHERE!!

P1240851

I LOVE this wool runner…the wool is PERFECT…so vibrant!!

P1240856

This is a lovely reminder of Glynis’ award winning outside GARDEN!!  Gorgeous…both of them!

P1240858

Here’s her entrance way…Loved the pumpkin quilt…and YES, Evelyn’s Album is finished…and looking magnificent!!

P1240859

I need a better shot of this quilt…

P1240877

“Glynis, can you just hold onto my feet so that I can lean further over your bannister?  The star quilting is wonderful….”  OK…so I won’t be getting a shot at the star quilting…but take it from me, it IS beautiful!

P1240910

And Evelyn’s Album…GORGEOUS!!!!

P1240876

Love this Cheryl Wall quilt…very Fallish!  (What…Google doesn’t like the word Fallish?!  Huh!)

P1240863

Love crows…and on a pillow…swoon!

P1240875

Buggy Barn’s FOLK ART BLOOMS…on my To Do List and has been for several YEARS!!  I still LOVE this quilt!!

 

P1240878

Did I tell you…?  Love this quilt!!P1240879

Glynis’ cupboards runneth over with quilty goodness!!P1240880

A Thimbleberries quilt…STUNNING!!

P1240882

A sweet basket quilt…with churn dash blocks, flying geese and vines!!  Wonderful!!

P1240884

WHAT?  A closet FULL of banners that are changed with the seasons…TWO for each month!! 

P1240887

All hand appliqued and hand quilted…WOW!!!!

P1240889

Some works in progress…Red Brolly freebies…WONDERFUL!!P1240890P1240891P1240892

A lovely scrap happy mat!!

 

P1240898

This one was on Glynis’ bed…looking soft and cozy!  WOW!!

P1240899

This was on a window seat…very tweet!

P1240900

Both of these quilts are wonderful…

P1240901

A whole village…wow!!

P1240904

Even eye candy in her bathroom!!  Wonderful…and loved the old window frame!

P1240912

A Maggie B. hearth rug…just LOOK at that mottled wool!!  Drool….

P1240914

Glynis’ is such an angel for letting me take pictures…AGAIN!

P1240915

As you may have guessed, Glynis has been quilting for well over twenty years…cranking out SEVERAL quilts a year!!  You GO girl!

Such a sweet house…filled with Fall Treasures!
P1240920

Sure hope Glynis invites me back…in the SPRING!! :0)  I’m such a snoop!

Thanks Glynis for all the eye candy!  Sweeter and tastier than any Halloween treat…and much better for the figure too!  Hope you enjoyed the coffee and the tour as much as I did…!!

~P

11 comments:

  1. How long has Glynnis been quilting? My goodness, a lot to look at and all so wonderful. Love all the fall pieces. The wool ones especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! So many wonderful quilts--love how she decorates with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GLynnis has such wonderful decorations and quilts in her home and I love the bird cushion on the bench.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing all the eye candy. Fall is my favorite time of year and the colors of her quilts just puts you right there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My! Lots of lovely eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it all but I have to admit that I completely agree with you about the noses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that was a wonderful tour for all of us. Thanks I would have a hard time going home after seeing all of the wonderful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! It's like a quilt museum...so much eye candy. I don't think I could store that many seasonal quilts, whew!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you are going to have to get a list of all those pattern names and share them with us.

    Lovely work and pictures thanks so much Paulette for sharing your friends lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness!!!! Glynis must never sleep!!! Just wonderful!
    christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I presume that Glynnis hasn't slept at all in the past 20 years then? They were all wonderful, please thank her for letting us in to see them, and thank you for taking us with you to her house.

    ReplyDelete