Monday, November 11, 2013

A New Woolie is Born!

Claire and her friend, Julie broke out the wool last week!!  Julie is new to wool and Claire has taken her under her woolie wing!.  Like any  new woolie, Julie is starting off on a small project…NOT!!  Together they are working on a combination of the Garden Quilt and Heart and Home Quilt, both by Heart to Hand..hardly a beginner project but I must say, Julie is doing a fabulous job!!  But then, Claire is a fabulous teacher!!

Here are pictures of the two patterns being used…

This is the Garden Quilt…

283

And this is the Heart and Home Quilt.  Both patterns can be found HERE!!

303

Gorgeous quilts…BUT how to choose JUST 12 blocks from these two patterns??

Here’s what Claire and Julie have put together so far…

Here are Julie’s blocks~

P1240865

LOVE* LOVE* LOVE* this bunny and just LOOK at that mottled wool in the flowers!! (makes me want to jump on the Woolie Band Wagon!!)

P1240868

The background fabric is Japanese yard dyed Daiwabo…perfect for this quilt!

P1240866P1240867

And here are Claire’s blocks so far…

Claire went for a white bunny and blue flowers…

P1240869

The bee is a dang sweet touch!

P1240870P1240871

Love all of them so far….

P1240872P1240873

So this is as far as they have stitched…Both quilts are going to be AMAZING!!

Julie has REALLY been bitten by the Wool Bug…she has started the Flower Basket quilt by Wooden Spools!!  Originally she was going to make ‘just one’ but after one she is moving on to the whole quilt (sound familiar??)  Silly girl…doesn’t she know you can NEVER have JUST ONE?

P1240874

A Day to Remember~

There is no Heritage Quilting today as it is Remembrance Day… it will be a day to remember and give thanks to those who served our country and gave the ultimate sacrifice….

canadaremberance

We remember…and thank you!

~P

8 comments:

  1. Amazing woolie projects! I seem to be collecting wool these days, because of you! Everrything you post makes me want to make it! I will send you my credit card bill...giggle! Watching the ceremonies on TV live from Ottawa...lots of remembering going on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of great wool projects for sure! Julie is jumping right in...I think that is best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilts, and Julie is doing an amazing job for a first timer. Of course, she has your friend, Claire, as her mentor. What could be better. I'm sure Julie will have a great sense of pride when she is finished this lovely woolie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are making some wonderful colour choices to make these their own.

    I'm watching the Remembrance Day show live from Vancouver. The sun is coming through on this grey day as the guns are fired. During the moment of silence the sea gulls gave a hunting cry.

    The piper is retiring after 45 years of playing at Victory Square.

    The Vancouver Bach Choir is singing "in Flanders Field" very emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Paulette,
    Years ago I purchased a nice piece of charcoal grey wool. My intention was garment making, but I no longer am interested in using it for that purpose as I like quilting. I offered it to one person and had no response, so if you would like to have it please contact me. No charge to you as I want to find a home for this lovely piece of yardage.
    Pam
    phansen 246@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful projects, I still have things I want to make from the bonnie sullivan book.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay...another woolie is born! Well, not really born born, but you know what I mean. :) They are doing a fabulous job and how clever to combine the patterns and take the 12 blocks they love the most. Way to go Claire and Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay...another woolie is born! Well, not really born born, but you know what I mean. :) They are doing a fabulous job and how clever to combine the patterns and take the 12 blocks they love the most. Way to go Claire and Julie!

    ReplyDelete