Friday, August 31, 2012

Calling ALL Woolies….SALE!!

Hollyhock Hills Online Wool Shop is having a SALE!!

According to fellow bloggers (ie..Sister’s Choice and Cup Cake and Daisies Blog…and others!) wool is going up in price by a couple of dollars a yard!!  Well, not over at Melvina’s of Hollyhock Hills Online Shop…she has put all of her wool on SALE!  Go on over and check it out…remember this is HAND DYED wool!

Lucky for us Melvina  also has off the bolt wool…like this lovely soft, natural wool plaid…SEE this wool…I bought some last winter when I was down South and paid $32 a yard!!  YUP, silly me!!  If only I knew what I know NOW… Melvina carries the very SAME wool…and NOT for $32 a yard either!   Over at Hollyhocks…Melvina has it on sale for only $18 a yard!! (Happy Dance!!)

Tan and Natural Check-

I LOVE this wool as it is perfect to dye myself…the texture is wonderful and it takes the dyes great!

The proof is in the pudding…see here’s the wool…all dyed and ready to cut!  (Almost too pretty to use!!)

image

Now if you aren’t dying to dye…then Melvina also carries hand dyed wools in vibrant and muted colours all packaged up in pretty little bundles…wonderful colours and each little bundle is ON SALE!!

There’s nothing like a good SALE! Especially if it’s for something that you want, need and LOVE! 

If you are sitting on the fence…never tried wool but would like to give it a go…then you NEED to hurry over to Sister’s Choice Blog and Cup Cake and Daisies Blog as they are working on some dang cute projects!  And it’s their FIRST Woolie projects!  It warms my heart to see other quilters discover wool! 

Have a Woolie Wednesday and Happy Quilting!~P

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous woolens! I can't believe the price differences... love the wool projects the other 2 gals are working on... thanks for sharing their blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any blacks? I'm looking for a dark background for a table topper.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful!! I love the way you dyed your wool too-I love wool too, I usually get mine from recycled clothing I find at the resale shops here where I live-new wool by the yard is definately pricey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the heads up on the wool sale. Great prices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the heads up on the wool sale. Great prices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gonna have to pass this on to Robin cause she dyes her own wool! What a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss dollar days at the thrift, but I stashed a lot of it, so still have plenty for my projects;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty woolen fabric you got here. The dye idea is very clever. I'll do that some time.
    wash basins

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the heads up on the wool sale. Great prices!

    ReplyDelete