Monday, September 12, 2016

The 148th Cowichan Exhibition Fair...

This weekend was the 148th Annual Cowichan Exhibition Fair with 'Gumboot and Grassroots' as this years' theme! Darned if I didn't forget to take pictures of the Gumboots filled with flowers, grass etc decorating the Fair Grounds!!  Very clever and cute!  

Of course we all go to the Fair for various reasons..the kids go to the Fair for the rides and the animals, the cooks and bakers want to view the pies and cakes, the farmers want to see the animals, tractors, fruits and vegetable...but we all know what the REALLY important display is... the QUILTS of course!  And this year's entries did not disappoint!  Wow!  Do those Cowichan Valley Quilters' know how to quilt! 

Pour yourself a coffee and then enjoy the show...!
                                           




 This quilt was woven strips of fabric...






























                                         


 Made from Liberty Fabrics...



















                                       









WOW!  All this and it wasn't even a long, cold Winter!

Of course I had my favourites...how could I not...BUT my lips are sealed!  I will say this...our little Valley sure has some talented quilters who know their craft!  Beautiful quilts and wonderful workmanship!  I hoped you enjoyed our little slice of the Fair!

And here is little Mason checking out Grammy's quilts...Nope he's just not interested!  "Take the picture and get me back to those rides!"  Oh well...maybe next year?


Have a magical Monday and Happy Stitching!~P


11 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for the inspiration. They are all gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great talent. Mason sure is getting to be a big boy, not a baby anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful array of quilts--such variety. I have my favorites, too, but I'll keep my lips sealed. I'll just pin them. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tons of quilts, tons of thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great when quilters take the time to share their work at the fair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful diversity! And every one of them gorgeous. Always inspiring to see what others are making.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time you share a quilt show, I see someone has finished something that I am still working on. Congratulations to the finisher of My Country House! It is a huge show, well done, all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great exhibition with a wonderful display of quilts! Loved the Rings quilt...all those little squares. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mason is so cute!! Lots of pretty quilts! I have a pattern somewhere for the crabapple hill winter one. I need to pull it out and dream about it again! I love the goat quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that house quilt with the black border with the silhouettes. Is it a Pecemakers pattern or do you know details?

    Lovely displays thanks for taking the time to share.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyed the show and there are a lot of beautiful quits at the show.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete