Thursday, September 15, 2016

DOG PILE!


 OK...it's not exactly a DOG PILE but they're brown and stacked so it's close enough...One tall tower of wool Gingerbread Men Pile!  My men are about 4 1/2" tall...and in one glance, will steal your heart!  Come on say it...you know you wanna....."Ahhhhhh...."   What IS it about Gingerbread Men?...They are 'right up there' with Snowmen in being adorable and lovable...at least for me!

They will look great sprinkled on the top of a quilt!  Yes, although I have no pattern...I have a vision...simple but adorable...but it calls for plenty of hand stitching!


 I am off to Ottawa next week to visit my youngest daughter and need a small, light, portable project...no box of threads to cart around, just everything in one neat 'little' ziploc!  The plan is to prep the blocks, put them into the ziploc, with one spool of thread and a couple of needles and I'll be good to go!  Hopefully, IF I get sandwiched between two strangers on the plane, I can still stitch without bothering them.  (Last time I had a big box of threads which would have been impossible to get out without someone holding it while I got out the rest of the sewing stuff!  I didn't even try!) Fingers crossed that this works, as I have a mess of GBM to stitch (60 at last count!)!  I will also download an audio book onto my iPad, with the hopes that I won't even know that it's been a 13 hour day spent at airports and in the air!  That's the plan...but you know what happens to all well laid out plans...haha...Want to bet on how many GBM will actually get stitched?  Yup...another UFO in the making!!

Have a thrilling (just checked to make sure....:o) THURSDAY!!  Yikes this week is flying by! OMGosh...we are half way through September!!   And Happy Stitching!~P



12 comments:

  1. Have a great trip and welcome to my neck of the woods....there can never be too many gingerbread men 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can't wait to see the finished creation! You have a great selection of "gingerbread" coloured wool! Have a wonderful time in Ottawa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing the end result. I' ve been waiting patiently to see all your first place ribbons from the fall fair?
    Have oodles of fun with Hayley in Ottawa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stitch, stitch as fast as you can, can't catch you you're the Gingerbread Man! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have great ideas. Can't wait to see the finished project. Your assortment of browns wool are great. What's the background the GBM will sit on? So, does this mean no blogging from you til your return. Have a fun time visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great visit in Ottawa with your daughter, my friend is there right now and has found at least one quilt shop!

    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safe journey, Paulette! Will that be 3 planes? You can take photos of your GBMs at ease in all the airports! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendy's comment just made me laugh! Have a fun trip stitching along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Travel safe, enjoy your project and have a fun time with family...I love Gingerbread men!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like a fun quilt, I love making simple quilts with one design and changing the fabrics or wools.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. You could always bring extra needles & threads and let your fellow air travelers help stitch those cute GBM - wouldn't it be great to see a businessman in suit and tie stitching away.. Have a good trip and enjoy special family time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a partially done wall hanging that has gingerbread men. Wonder where it is.

    ReplyDelete