Friday, September 2, 2016

A Walk on the Bright Side...

Glynis is lucky enough to have a daughter who picks up her Quiltmania and Simply Vintage magazines from a Bookshop in downtown Victoria.  The only problem is, her daughter gets to peruse the magazines before passing them off to Glynis... and of course, highlighting projects that she loves!  Good thing Glynis loves stitching for her girls!

So this is what Glynis is working on...a modern wool work with text prints for background and brighter wools... and YES, it's for her daughter!  I have to say, I am really liking it... A LOT!

Glynis had a charm pack of Text Prints and they worked perfectly for the background in this project!

I think this is a fair exchange...Quiltmania/Simply Vintage for an occasional project!  It seems to work for Glynis and her girls!

The other thing I need to show you is this project...it's not a quilt but it is dang cute and VERY clever!  It was in my niece's front yard flower garden...made by her partner!


Heather found the idea for this train on Pinterest...and showed it to her significant other.   Before she knew what happened, it was out front, complete with plants and a solar light!  You got to love Pinterest and of course... those who jump in to get 'er done!

Well that's all that I have for you this RAINY (and loving it!!) Friday morning!  I'm going to fly around here in the hopes of getting my housework done so that I get to play too!
Have a FUN Friday and Happy Stitching!~P

7 comments:

  1. Lovely bright wools, I've looked at that project more than once...nope too many things right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how those brights start sneaking up behind us, and suddenly there they are, in something we're working on?
    Love the Loggy Choo Choo! Might have to put one of those in our yard to entertain our train loving Grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Glynis is doubly lucky actually, because she gets her magazines, AND she gets an appreciative recipient of her work. Win win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely modern take for Woolie appliqué. The garden train is very sweet. Brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really fun quilt and I love the flower garden. I want to do things for mine that are made by me and unique, it is fun to find new ideas.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that a variety of background prints was used for the wool flower quilt. Makes a fun quilt. Probably would be boring without all the variety.

    ReplyDelete