Sunday, September 18, 2016

Fitbits..from Sad to Glad!!

My daughters gave me a Fitbit for my birthday over a year ago and I loved it!  For those of you who have never heard of a 'Fitbit' it's a watch that tells the time but it also tells you how many steps you have taken, how many stairs you have climbed, how well you have slept...and more!  (You can go HERE to find out more about them!)

I am a hiker...we go off most mornings on one of the trails around where we live and by the end of the day I have easily racked up 10,000+ steps!  If I haven't got my steps in, I get off my rear, grab the dog and off we go and complete what is necessary to do so!  My Fitbit has kept me more active than I normally would be!  If you don't actually get outside and WALK you would be shocked and appalled at how few steps you take around the house...even if you do housework!:o)  AND gawd forbid if you should stay in your sewing room all day!  DARN... no steps for pressing the pedal to the metal!

SO..imagine my despair when my Fitbit started to fall apart!
                                   

 Yup...it began slowly...the edges around the timer started to lift...until my Fitbit looked like this and stopped working all together!  One year and 4 months old!  YIKES!  Four months passed the warranty! UGH!

                                     

I got a hold of the Fitbit Company and with very few questions...they are replacing the watch!! Remember mine is PASSED the warranty date and with NO hassle, NO fuss, NO muss they are sending a new one!  (I sent them a picture of my  dissolving Fitbit).  I was so impressed with their serve department!  Seriously, I was expecting a "Sorry, you are passed the warranty date..."

[My only other (minor) complaint with the particular Fitbit that I have, is that there was no safety clasp on it...I purchased these wee Bitbelts and the problem was solved.  My daughters have since bought the newer Fitbits and they now have the safety clasps.]  

So in a few days I will be wearing a new Fitbit!  Thank goodness, as I REALLY miss it!  I will be doing a Happy Dance for sure (YES! Dancing adds on tons of STEPS!)  Now... if it was just as easy to replace this worn out ol' body...but that's for another post!  Oh, the aches and pains...haha

Have a SUNNY Sunday and happy stitching!~P



15 comments:

  1. Glad they are standing (or walking!) behind their product. And yes, sitting at the machine is not going to get you to your steps goal. I have to remind myself to get an move at intervals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive service & good to know. Have had my Fitbit Alta since June & really like it - we hiked the Johnston Canyon/and Moraine Lake area in Banff in August - did over 12,000 steps and my 72 year old body felt everyone! Only problem is when you drive the Alaska Highway and stop only every 2 hours, the reminder to "lets take a stroll" gets hard to do :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my Fitbit. Glad to know that they have great customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a huge Fitbit fan. I agree. Customer service is great. They replaced one for me also past warranty. If you ever want a buddy I love the push others give me😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin had a couple of them replaced too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad your story has a happy ending. I got my Fitbit 2 1/2 years ago--I have the clip-on kind and I have never had a problem with it. Thursday night I did a trunk show for a guild that meets in a back room at the local library. When I got home that night the Fitbit was not on me. I have never before had a problem with it coming off. Next day I visited the library and sure enough it was in their lost and found. But it had been stepped and was crushed and no longer functioning. : (

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Great customer service! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW--that is great customer service. I have one of the basic Fitbit models and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is great, not too many places care and even when you buy something in a store, they could care less.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is nice to hear how much you have enjoyed having it. I have for years been saying that I don't need something on my wrist to tell my body to get moving, but I think you have convince me otherwise! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you will be getting a new watch ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to hear a glad story about a company standing behind their product.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also had my fitbit fall apart. Called customer service and they said it would be replaced immediately. They even told me to look on the website for the color I'd like. I got it within the week. Great company!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, love the FitBit! I don't always get in my steps, but I love the sleep recordings. I also like the wakeup alarm. I sleep better knowing that I will get a gentle buzz if I oversleep!

    ReplyDelete