Friday, September 30, 2016

Fall's Here and so are the Black Cats...

It is official...Fall is here!  My favourite time of the year!  Of course I got out my Heart to Hand "Autumn Quilt" and got 'er up and hanging!  Love this quilt!

 And the Primitive Gathering's quilt "Midnight Harvest" is on the table...but my bowls were sadly lacking in anything Autumn....so I tossed in a small wee Autumn wreathe, some pine cones and pumpkins...and whipped up a pillow...
 I got the cat shape from a Whimsical Christmas book (the cat was wearing a Santa's hat)...but really do you need pattern?  Just draw a cat...
 ...add some wonky buttons, whiskers and nose/mouth and in one evening you have got your bowl filler pillow!

 Seriously sweet...
 I added the stitching only because I had the thread handy and loved the way the pillow was evolving...


 One down... more to go!

Do you think I took enough pictures?  This cat is such a diva!

 It's going to be wonderful to have bowl filler pillows for each and every season... ready and waiting!
But who am I kidding...we are never 'finished'!  Designers keep designing and we keep making...it's the circle of (a quilter's) life!   Besides we have to keep the economy going...right?!  :o))

Have a FUN Friday and Happy Stitching!~P




17 comments:

  1. You should design patterns. Your cat is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cat pillow is sew cute. I might have to do one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meow...hahahaha. That is too cute, Paulette! And I am happy to see that pumpkin table topper again too. I'm almost in the mood for fall now. Almost. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect quilts for Autumn--but that cat steals the show! Who can resist the look in those oddly sized eyes?? : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilts, really need to start making more this year. I love the cat idea, I do have those books and a fun way to make something quick and easy and use some of my halloween prints.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cat pillow is just the cutest thing! Love your fall quilt too. I never hang quilts on a wall but this one looks just perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a cat person but that one is so cute! Love the black star and those EYES! Just purrfect Paulette. I may have to borrow that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cat pillow is seriously cute, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable Paulette, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Mrs P you have the best ideas! A cat pillow that has attitude! It reminds me of my own Miss Gracie cat! I might have to make one out of wool!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty purr-fect I'd say both the pillow and your fall quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful fall inspiration! Adorable little cat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. some lovely autumn makes and yes such a diva but all cats tend to be

    ReplyDelete
  15. That cat is SO CUTE!! I see you have "revised" your blog list. I miss the "one day ago" tags you used to have. I actually go down the list and check out the blogs. I saw the stretched out pics that were posting. Now no pics show up, miss them. It's your blog, do what you want! And thank you for your interesting posts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This little cat pillow is awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoyed viewing all your great projects! Love the "CAT", cute, cute, cute!!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete