Monday, September 5, 2016

Hexies BUSTED!

Did you hear the fireworks go off  around 8p.m. last night?...That was about the time that I  put the final stitch into my oldest UFO!  

This hexie baby quilt has been sitting around in a plastic tote since 2008/09! 

 It was TIME!  The borders needed to be added ...the fabric was thankfully in the tote!  But I couldn't find the backing fabric that I bought YEARS ago (probably used up in another project!) so I went to the local Quilt Shop and found the perfect turquoise flannel to give this quilt a pop of colour. a bit of life and some warmth and softness!

Do you remember these fabrics?  Shangri-la by 3 Sisters.... plus fabrics from my stash.

                                    
All of the hexies were hand pieced and hand appliqued...the hard work had been done!  What was I waiting for?
 And even though she's old....she's still sweet and fresh and will keep any baby nice and toasty....and I love the vintage-y feel of this quilt!

Perfect for a baby girl to drag around, don't you think?  

It is such a wonderful feeling to cross this one off my list!!  YIPPEE!!  I am on a UFO roll!  Good thing because I got a million of  'em!  Stay tuned for more UFO busting!

Have a magical Monday and Happy Stitching!~P







18 comments:

  1. Beautiful finish! Congratulations. LOL- I still have Shangri-La fabrics in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow .... you are on a roll!! Wonderful finish and I do remember that fabric line. Probably have some in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this quilt. It's is so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so pretty and quite an accomplishment. I love 3 Sisters prints!
    But...neener, neener, neener! I have UFO's older than yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous finish. Perhaps this will the perfect baby quilt that you've been looking for for the coming new addition to your family. Still haven't finished any of my UFOs, but at least I've taken some of them out of the drawers they were stashed in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Took the words right out of my mouth - you ARE on a roll! Wonderful finish and you're so right about a little girl loving it. That backing looks like it was made for it (actually, now it has been!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beauty! I LOVE the blue bacing fabric! The Shangri-la fabric collection is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work, nothing more satisfying then finishing a quilt that was nearly done! Love the colours and hopefully so will one of your daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WooHoo! Congrats on an oldie but goodie all finished! Now can I send you my hexie UFO that is almost 20 years old? *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, Paulette, those hexies must have been TINY! I did not think this was a baby quilt. You definitely did a lot of work, and the fabrics are so pretty, so this is a super finish! How many UFOs are done now? You will be all caught up soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would even like to drag that one around.....it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a GREAT accomplishment!! BRAVO!!
    But I agree-- I wouldn't recommend that it be dragged around. Too precious!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that quilt, beautiful design, fabrics and beautifully made.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. How nice to get this beautiful quilt done. Hope it goes to someone special with all that hand work. Congrats on completing another UFO.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great UFO finish. I haven't seen those fabrics before, so it looks new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice job Paulette! Its still very fashionable too!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So that is what the big bang was that I heard. Your hexie quilt is soft and pretty looking.

    ReplyDelete