Friday, December 18, 2015

The Patchwork Forest...

Yesterday was the perfect time to get cozy in my sewing room...as the SNOW was falling!  I put on Christmas music and then cut out improv Christmas Trees using two charm packs from Kansas Troubles!  The fabric line is called 'Holly Wishes' and it is gorgeous fabric...perfect for this project!  These pictures do not do it justice!  

                                          
I will definitely be looking for more of 'Holly Wishes' as there was a serious 'love fest' going on between us! (There was lots of "'O...aren't YOU the pretty one!" and "O' yes, come to mama"! as each tree was revealed!)

Check out these prints...
 Here are the blocks all trimmed and looking much prettier....



And this is where I was before petering out last night...first row is together...and the rest of the blocks are eagerly waiting!
                              
Thanks to Amy (Diary of a Quilter Blog)for providing me with the tutorial to make these blocks, thanks to Kansas Troubles for designing the PERFECT fabric... 'Holly Wishes' and a special thank you to my daughter for the inspiration! Erin is the one who got the ball rolling... she made a variation of these trees that knocked my socks off...and then Mama FORGOT to take a picture of it!!  DARN!

The plan is to carve out a bit of time today to get the Patchwork Forest together...but it IS my housework day! :o((  Maybe the dust bunnies can wait just one more day...?  They like a good forest too!

Have a FUN Friday and Happy Stitching!~P

15 comments:

  1. Dust bunnies can always wait another day. There's important stitching to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that your Christmas trees are wonderfull!

    Dollandesign

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those trees! I may have to make myself a few of those! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little trees are so adorable....and so are the Kansas Troubles fabrics. Fantastic Forest! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say let the Dust Bunnies live to see another day and spend your time in the woods :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got my cute little tree quilt hanging in my foyer this year (one of the few decorations I put up). I love it and have had several compliments on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The trees really look nice together, that is going to be beautiful.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute fabric and cute pattern. I might have to check out that forest too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Housework before sewing??? I shudder to think it! Darling trees. I'm still trying to get motivated to make all those houses. Maybe trees and houses......I could make 2 quilts in one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job, love the colors. I have envy--snow for you, just rain for us. It would be nice to have some snow for a change. Eastern OR is sure getting their share.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a lot of trees in such a short time, certainly grow a lot quicker than the real ones.No snow here still very mild, some days have been warmer than the miserable summer we have just had

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love anything made by Kansas Troubles-I use a lot of wide backings from their line. Have you gotten that new mid-arm??

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is looking good, Paulette. I hope you get your wish and can spend more time with it today!

    ReplyDelete