Saturday, December 5, 2015

A Berry Beautiful Runner...

As I was getting out my Christmas runners and quilts, I came across this very special runner.  It was made by my quilting daughter, Erin, last year.  By the time she was finished making it, we were already Snowbirding, so I told her to hold onto it, save the cost of postage and give it to me the next time we were together...which happened to be last summer at her wedding!

So here it is...my NEW Christmas/WINTER runner...and I absolutely love it!  (I know it's on the floor right now...but the plan is to put it on the coffee table...which is heaped with Christmas Tree ornaments...TODAY is the day that the tree goes up!)

I think it's safe to say that Erin is addicted to quilting...and she is good at it too!  (Spoken like a proud mama!):o))  She has even joined the Modern Quilting Guild in her area! Who knew...?

In February, Erin and her quilty friends are off to the Pasadena Quilt Show (Quilt Con West) where they have signed up to take three workshops with the likes of Carolyn Friedlander and two other modern quilts...(forgot their names...haha!) Lucky girl!
Such a pretty runner!!  I love the twigs and red berries and this runner is going to look wonderful teamed up with my Winter Tree Quilt...:o))

This next Friday my quilting daughter (I love calling her THAT!) is arriving for a long weekend!  Our plans include hitting a few...ok..ALL the quilting shops, with a sprinkling of thrift shops, plus a dash of some the new Vintage Shops that have just opened up in our area!  Yes, I raised my daughters to appreciate the finer things in life...like a good thrift shop! :o)

Life is good!

Have a super Saturday and Happy Quilting!~P


12 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous table runner! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paulette, you influenced your daughter, and now I see that she is having a big influence on you. You are getting more modern all the time! Change is good. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely table runner Paulette, your birds in the forest and snowman look cute together. When are you heading south?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous table runner, Erin is very talented. Takes after you, of course. Wish one of my daughters liked quilting. Can't imagine what they'll do with all this fabric when I'm gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You done something right! (Not grammatically correct but you get the gist.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful runner and so fun that you can shop together, Bill is the only one who likes going with me to the thrifts, but then he plays with everything in the store and makes me nuts, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! Obviously she is as talented as her mother. And it's a lovely addition to the other great winter/Christmas quilty items you have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful that you have a daughter into quilting she will learn si mich frim your knowledge too. Love the twigs runnwe and the snowman. So sorry i havent visited for ages must find more time to blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Erin has really done a berry nice job and it goes treemendously with your quilt. You make a awesome team.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The beautiful Winterberry table runner is perfect with your Winter Trees quilt. A joy to have a quilter daughter to share the joy and passion for quilting with...thrift shops are a bonus! Enjoy your time together. Happy holidays! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. how good to have daughter that shares your love of quilting and she has made a lovely table runner for you, have a lovely weekend at the quilt shops etc

    ReplyDelete
  12. How special to find it and enjoy it this winter!!

    ReplyDelete