Saturday, December 19, 2015

Santa Came Early...

Santa did indeed come early...and I MUST have been a VERY good girl because look at what I found underneath our Christmas Tree...
 And what's a girl to do but OPEN it!  Look... she's nestled all snug in her bed, while visions of quilting danced in her head...
   It's a brand spanking new Juki 2010Q and she has come to live at my house!  SEW PRETTY!

I spent a few days test driving her while we waited for the Sure Stitch Regulator to arrive (the Cruise Control from my Pfaff  midarm wasn't compatible)...I discovered that the Juki pieces like a dream!  She goes like stink and her stitches are perfection!  

The big day was finally here with the arrival of the Sure Stitch...this wee blue box of magic!  She regulates the stitches of the machine while on the Grace Frame...I believe they refer to her as the Brains behind the machine!  Whew...that let's me out! :o)

What did we EVER do before the computer?  We found several 'HOW TO Set Up the Sure Stitch VIDEOS' which made it an absolute breeze to set up the encoders, wheels and wires!
                                    
So after a wee test drive...I put on the quilt top that my daughter left behind.  She REALLY wanted to quilt this one herself but the Sure Stitch hadn't arrived, so mama was her next best option!

 Because this is a modern quilt, Erin wanted organic lines...which means the lines are spaced randomly.  (I may have to go over to the bright side because I LOVE this quilt!  I will show pictures of it later because the fabrics are wonderful!  I digress...)
 Oh man, the Juki is sailing through this quilt!  I don't want to jinx anything BUT...(and I am whispering here...) she is stitching perfectly...no issues!!!!!!!

I am coming to the end of the quilt (and she is a big one...about 80" x 80" )and there is still plenty of room in the arm area!  I am in LOVE!!

While cruising along...the doorbell rang...WHAT another delivery!  Can't you tell that I am busy?...BUT for this I will make an exception....Warm and Natural Batting...40 yards of it!  Yup, mama is ready for a loooooong winter!  I say BRING IT ON!
If mama isn't going to JoAnn's, then Joann's will come to mama!  You got to love the Internet!

For sure it's a Super Saturday around here...What about YOU...? Do you have plans for a Super Saturday too?...I'm sending out a great big "HAPPY STITCHING to YOU"!! ~P:o))

32 comments:

  1. OH MY! You MUST have been a good girl - she's a beauty. This will display my total lack of knowledge about mid arm machines, but do the long rollers come with it too or is that part of the Sure Stitch mechanism?

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!! AND MERRY MERRY Christmas!! Looks like you are already having fun!! My "super Saturday" will be spent at home....quilting myself. :)(I hate crowds)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Paulette, congrats! Be still my heart..... What a wonderful gift to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so hilarious! I love your blog. It just makes me smile and makes me want to be doing more and more sewing. So glad you have found something to do with yourself while staying home this winter. Happy day to you. K- lkw2x6-apq@yahoo.com (since blogger doesn't like me)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally awesome machine.....you will be going great now....it is a dream mid arm......Merry Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay you for being on the receiving end of thi new juki! The quilt looks fabulous and I can tell you are having a lot of fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Santa just brought you my dream machine, I'm hoping he has another one ready to leave at my house. Have fun with it and the roll of batting. Rina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Merry Christmas to you! How fun! I see many gorgeous quilts being quilted in your future. That is a dream machine. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Paulette, you lucky girl! Very interested to see how this system works out for you, keep us posted! Enjoy & go forth to be creative! Have enjoyed your blog for years!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sew excited for you P, a friend in Central Saanich has a 9" bed Juki and so I've been around to help others quilt their tops. One gal is seriously looking around for an 18" bed. You'll love it, so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a super Saturday at your house. You must have been a very good quilter this year. Have FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great Christmas present for you. You'll keep busy now that your staying home this year. Erin's quilt is lovely, I can see it done in "your colors", give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How ironic last night at dinner a friend talked about her new mid arm and I asked her for feedback to pass onto you...too late you got this beauty. Enjoy!

    I think here's is a Janome but she doesn't have it set up with rollers like you have, she has a table with an additional extension to the left.

    Enjoy your new friend....no speeding eh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! Bet you won't mind being at home for the winter now!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way to go! So glad for you! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooo, I'm so envious! You will be sailing along now! I bet you are more glad than ever to be staying home this winter. Even with the snow...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooooh! You lucky lady. Merry Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn't realize you were using it on the frame, that is really nice and so nice to have a machine that sews so beautifully and still be able to use the arms. Santa came to my house today too and she made me a beautiful candle mat, I love it:)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have the same Juki and stitch regulator...love it! The only drawback to my Juki is it hates prewound bobbins. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations--am so, so glad the Juki is working well for you!! The Juki mid-arm I had for a short while made beautiful stitches too! Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So happy for you.. I bought this machine last April at the quilt show in Paducah. I love it. It is just the best for quilting. I have free motioned on a few small things but not a big quilt yet .i named mine Max.. Happy holidays to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on the new machine. I can't wait to see the finished quilt. I got a new roll of batting for Christmas too. I got mine from Amazon for a much better price than JoAnns and with free shipping. I was totally surprised that they carried it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats! How very exciting! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Father Christmas has been very generous to you but naughty opening it before 25th mind you I would not have been able to resist either! I am sure you will have great fun with this amazing machine

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh congrats, Paulette!!!! How did you manage to get this far before Christmas??? Lol. Naughty...have fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. UM, can you send that Santa to my house? I have been looking at that Juki for about 2 years now. I am so jealous, but, so happy for you. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Didn't you purchase a new machine for your frame a couple years ago? I want to come play with you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Merrymaking Christmas to you!! Looks like a dream machine!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats! I have seen a lot of those mAchines being purchased lately must be a really good machine! Did you not head for California this winter??

    ReplyDelete