Thursday, May 28, 2015

Still Stitching…

I love doing hand work in the evenings while watching TV!  It's just so relaxing...watching and stitching...stitching and watching!  And it really does prevent me from falling asleep!
Here’s what I am working on right now…


 This is the final block to Winter Wonderland! (I’m LOVING this quilt!!)




I am also loving this new thread…it’s Genziana Wool Thread, which is really 50% wool/50% acrylic 12wt thread. It is smoother than my other wool threads and easier to pull through. They have added the acrylic to the wool for added strength, so there is no breakage at all!

Yup…I'll be buying more of this thread! Try it, you’ll like it…




OK, I tweaked the lettering just a bit on this block…can you tell that I was once a Primary School teacher?  Once a grade one teacher, ALWAYS a grade one teacher! No mixing capital letters with lower case for me! haha…I guess all that preaching/drilling/begging sunk in! I just can’t seem to let it go…:o)

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you can carve out a bit of time for some hand stitching of your own!~P


7 comments:

  1. Nice stitching Paulette, I've been working on my wool leaves from my Sue Spargo workshop. I use Aurifil Lana wool thread and it also has 50% wool acrylic blend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info about the Genziana thread. I hadn't heard of that kind before. Like Sandi I've only used the Aurifil. And your final block look GrEaT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me handwork feeds my soul. Thanks for the thread info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up. Once a teacher, always a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching! Thanks for the tip on the thread. I can't even send a text without proper capitalization and punctuation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I giggled reading about you tweaking the letters because of your teaching...it sure makes sense to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The teacher receives a "Gold Star" for this one! : )))) Love it!

    ReplyDelete