This month my "GOALS LIST" almost did me in! I think it was because the weather was so nice and the yard needed work...lots of work!
So here how I did~
1. The NUMBER ONE goal for this month was to get the Wedding School House Quilt Top done! Not only did it get done but I made it bigger! It's a whole row longer with a total of thirty 12" school houses!
Here's a peak...(it's a positive and negative quilt done in reds and white) The big reveal will be in July, after the wedding!
Now I am waiting for the backing fabric to get here...it was shipped on May 15th so it 'should' be here this week for sure! Mail from the US to Canada usually takes over two weeks...I swear customs takes forever...maybe they like to fondle fabric as much as I do? :o)
2. Complete the Winter Wonderland Sew Along Challenge blocks...which were the four log cabin corner blocks....check! This has been such a fun quilt to work on! I also did two stars (only because the homespun bin was out)...not sure if I will keep the green star as it may be too dark...I also prepped the hand stitching Winter Wonderland words for next month...
|This is how the quilt top looks so far...|
Next months goal will to finish off this quilt top! :o)))
3. Make ten more houses....check!
For a total of fifty-two 4 1/2" blocks!
4. Add two more rows to the Clam Shell Quilt...check. There are now a total of 17 rows! About one third of the quilt top is now finished!
6. Complete the next block to 'Where the Cows Come Home'....check! Block #2 is now done!!
There are now two blocks done...One step at a time and it WILL get done!! I am going to LOVE this quilt! It's a joy to work on!
So that sums up my May Goals! This is the first year that I have ever set goals for myself and I have to tell you, it has kept me focused and on track...and I think I get way more done. The negative aspect...it can be a pain as the pressure is on to get 'er done! (I was working on those ten wee houses till the wee hours last night) and I haven't started anything NEW (which is killing me!!) But with a closet full of UFOs this is a GOOD THING!! Until those UFOs get done, I think setting Goals is my answer! It does however make for some VERY boring blog reading...
I hope that you have met some of your own goals this month too... feels pretty good, doesn't it!!
Have a sunny Sunday and Happy stitching!~P