Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Playful Peels...I mean Petals!

Several of you 'out there' were wondering if yesterday's quilt came from a pattern or if Ann invented her gorgeous quilt!  



Well I am pleased to say that Ann used a pattern that came from this book, "Playful Petals" by Corey Yoder. 



And I am happy to say that this book is chock full of beautiful quilts...in fact it is now on my radar!  I will be looking for this one for sure!  I mean REALLY who doesn't like petals (we oldies call them PEELS:o)!!  When I googled the title, I found several modern quilting blogs had done a Blog Hop reviewing the book...and created some wonderful projects in the process!  Check HERE for a list so that you can visit each and every single one!

OR if you are in a hurry, you can check 'Diary of a Quilter' for her review...go HERE!  Moda's pictures are HERE!  

You will notice that we are a little late to the party...like TWO YEARS late...but hey, better late than never!  And I know what you are thinking...these are MODERN quilts...well I do like to dabble and these orange peel quilts...I mean petal quilts.... are something that I would actually enjoy making!  And who's stopping you from making these quilts out of Civil War fabrics, reproduction fabrics or any other line of fabrics?  What's old is new again!  Peel away!

Have a wonderful Wednesday and Happy Stitching!~P

3 comments:

  1. It is a perfect summer quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info! I remember seeing this book review a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's actually been on my list since you worked on one, if I remember right. Red and white?

    ReplyDelete