Friday, June 17, 2016

One Thumb Up...Waiting for Two!

For the last week I have been out of commission...I cut my thumb on the whirring blade of my Magic Bullet Blender..I know, not possible but somehow I did it!  I am blaming it on Mr. Trump!  He was on TV...and my mind was not on making a fruit smoothie!  I swear they should call his campaign "Shock and Disbelief"!  But I digress...

For the past week my left thumb has looked like hamburger and I have been out of sewing commission!  No hand stitching or sewing machine for me!  Who knew you needed a thumb to thread a needle, put in a bobbin, or line up fabric!!  I couldn't even hold the wool pieces together to stitch...the slightest pressure brought discomfort!

So what was a quilter to do?  Well...I could still iron, draw and cut...so I prepped blocks...LOTS of blocks!

This is what I have got ready for stitching...a wee strawberry bowl filler..and last night I was actually able to put a few stitches into the leaves before giving up...(yup, baby steps!)
 I reduced this Buttermilk Basin pattern to make it into a wee pillow...it's going to be very sweet and summery!
 I prepped the first two blocks to the new BOM...Bee-utiful by Pam Morgan (for Moda Bakeshop).  I changed the cat into a dog...:o))
And block two of BEE-utiful!



I also prepped Cheri Payne's newest BOM from her Facebook Page!  It's called 'Blackbird Gatherings' and it is going to be a winner...I just know it!  The house is a bit too dark and the windows don't pop but I kind of like it that way.  (code for~ I'm too lazy to change it!:o))

 And I prepped the next four baskets to Dawn Heese (Linen Closet) Mystery Basket BOM!  Love these wee baskets~



 And I also prepped this month's Buttermilk Basin's "Let It Snow' BOM...It was here that I discovered that hand work just wasn't possible...:o(

So that means that I am technically working on FOUR different BOM! YIKES! Now that's a first!  I usually do one BOM at a time!  I sure hope I can keep up!

My sewing room is spotless and everything is in it's place.  There are no dust bunnies visiting...I have organized my wool, my threads are all wound and put away neat and tidy...everything is WAITING..

My perle cotton and Valdani all in its place...(I need to find a bigger cabinet!)
 And my wool threads are about as organized as I can get them...

Yup...we are ready and waiting...
.

It's been just over a week and I can safely say that my thumb is finally on the mend...I may even leave the bandage off today!!  Moral of the story...NEVER use anything mechanical, electric or sharp when watching Donald Trump!  Bad things will happen...:o} haha

I might just mess up that sewing room today and give that thumb a run for it's money...but the TV will stay off...

Have a FUN Friday and Happy Stitching!~P

28 comments:

  1. Ouch! So sorry to hear this. And 4 BOM's with no thumb? I wish you a speedy recovery, after all too much organization is not good for the creative mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yowie! You may not be able to stitch comfortably, but just look how much is cleaned, organized and prepped so that when your thumb is back in it's happy place, you'll be able to knock some of those projects out in "Nuthin' Flat"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the thumb is on the mend. Some good has happened while healing, clean sewing room. I gasped at your Blackberry Gathering block---I picked almost the same dark check wool for the house with black windows. My windows show even less, but think it'll be ok when done. After all with the moon and star on the block, it's night time so the house would be dark. Today, it's prepping the Farmhouse Threads new block so I'll have 4 different BOM's going but just think they will be done all most at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your thumb, P. But look at all you've accomplished, those BOMs are looking fabulous and everything is in its place. A big thumb's up to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ouch, ouch, ouch. Sew sorry to hear about your thumb. But girl you sure have been busy during the healing time. Hope you can get back to stitching soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your thumb and sorry about Mr. Trump. At least in Canada you don't have to worry that he may become your national leader. I saw a post on facebook that said this year's election is not so much an election as an IQ test. Let's hope the United States doesn't fail...enough already! Sorry for getting on my soapbox for a moment. I hope your poor thumb heals quickly! The projects you have prepped are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about the mishap P but you've definitely made creative use of your "down" time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like such a jerk!!!

    In my email, I said that I didn't know what a Magic Bullet Blender was. Well, duh! I honestly thought it was something that you used to sharpen your rotary cutter blades. Then when I read this post, the proverbial light bulb came on. Once again, I feel like a jerk...BIG time!!! You've been a busy little beaver prepping all those BOM's. They're all going to look smashing. I sooooooo like the wool you used for your strawberries. The background looks like seeds. Perfect! Glad to hear you're on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent progress despite a poorly hand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't even get me started on current U.S. politics! It is not good for my blood pressure, like it was not good for your thumb!
    I am in awe of all of your prep. Now for the fun part, if the thumb is ready to go to work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear of your injury Paulette. But none the less you have had a very productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear about your thumb, glad it is getting better. I really appreciate seeing your prepped blocks because I have finally started stitching Dawn's BOM - previously just printed the patterns then ignored them! So it was great to see your colour combinations, really helped me out, thanks your timing was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I knew he was dangerous but not this dangerous! OUCH!!!! You have managed to do great things on the prep front so once you are back in commission completed pieces will be flying off your fingertips. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know those blades are sharp, always have to be careful just washing them. Hope your finger is better and you can sew all those beautiful pieces that you made up. You make me feel like a slug, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no ..... Bummer ....awesome blocks . 💖

    ReplyDelete
  16. Take it easy no hitchhiking in your near future. Hope it heals up soon.

    Congrats on a,, your prep work and reorganizing,

    Did you see Stacy released the S for Snow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thump sounds painful, Trump has a lot to answer for, less I say the better. You certainly got lots prepped ready to sew, I am also doing the Bee butiful BOM, well have printed it off but not started it yet but mine will be embroidery must make an effort to learn applique. Envious of the perle rack my favourite threads but mine are in drawers and always go to the wrong drawer this way you see at a glance what you are looking for

    ReplyDelete
  18. If you haven't healed enough, I'd be thrilled to have you come to my house and do some prep work for me. I've got a stack set aside to trace off. I'll feed you rhubarb streusel coffee cake and french press coffee! Or I can add ice cream to your coffee cake. Happy stitching! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't have one of these machines and I don't know that I have even seen one. So sorry you got hurt using yours. And what were you doing watching The Donald! You live in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh no Paulette what a bummer. So glad you're on the mend. I also need some prep work done for my BOM. I just love the baskets. Soooo cute and summery. Maybe even will try one myself

    ReplyDelete
  21. My goodness, Paulette, I am so impressed with your industry! All that tidying! I really need to do some of that too.

    All your prepped blocks look wonderful. And I love that dog! He fits in perfectly. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good-o for an organized space and time to play with all your pretty prepped blocks. 4 BOM's is a lot. You can do it! Why are you watching Mr Trump in Canada anyway? Reminds me of the Watergate Hearings when I was younger and visiting my friends in Canada. They thought Americans were crazy then too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good-o for an organized space and time to play with all your pretty prepped blocks. 4 BOM's is a lot. You can do it! Why are you watching Mr Trump in Canada anyway? Reminds me of the Watergate Hearings when I was younger and visiting my friends in Canada. They thought Americans were crazy then too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OUCH! Now that you're almost healed up you can get busy on that adorable houndstooth puppy dog. That's my favorite out of all these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You got more done in a week with a bad thumb, then I do in a month. I hope it's healed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hihi certainly the fault of Mr Trump! Hope you will be better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ouch! So sorry about your thumb. Glad you just showed us photos of all your prep work! Despite your injury you used great use of your time. No down time for you!

    ReplyDelete