Wednesday, June 29, 2016

BOMS Away!

My daughter left yesterday...:o((  Seriously, 'kids' should not live more than a three hour drive away from their mama!  It's just not meant to be!  Unfortunately jobs dictate where they need to live...darn!!  We had a wonderful visit...busy but fun...and the sewing machine got a much needed rest!  (She will be oiled, dusted and taken for a spin today...:o))

SEW...I only have my evening hand-work to show you this morning...the blocks could use a pressing but that will have to wait!
 This is 'Linen Closet's' Mystery Basket BOM...all up to date!  There are only two more baskets to go before the Sew-A-Long is over!  I have to say I have loved stitching each and everyone of these wee baskets!
 Some close-ups...

 One of my favourites is this simple basket of pink tulips!  Don't you love the basket!

 Yup...I'm loving these sweet blocks and can't wait to see how it all comes together!
Thank you, Dawn Heese of 'Linen Closets' for so generously guiding us through this project!  I KNOW I'm not the only one enjoying these blocks!

It's another gorgeous day in paradise!  I am hoping to whiz through my 'chores' so that I can go running with my Pfaff...we do need to stay in shape!  :o)

Have a wicked Wednesday and Happy Stitching!~P

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful baskets, this is going to be a stunning quilt. Enjoy the sunshine today, hopefully there is more to come. Especially on Friday since that's the day we move. Can't wait to get back to my sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Wooly Baskets are looking AWESOME, Paulette. And all up to date! I'm sure you're happy with the dark backgrounds now, they really let the flowers shine.

    Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how they look against the black, really stunning. I still need to start mine, and today I need to get Cheri's and Stacy's block ready to sew, I am so behind.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely baskets Paulette, I need to catch up on these, but happily I'm up to date on other BOM's.

    Off to my wool group shortly. Enjoy our lovely weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I do feel blessed that my children live close by. Your baskets are so sweet. Just beautiful. And you will look at the quilt in the future and remember those evening stitches with your family near you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing nicer than time with our kids and grandkids. Well maybe stitching fits somewhere on the same list.
    Love your baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a great time with your daughter. 3 hours isn't that far------mine are 5 days drive away. Your baskets are looking mighty fine. I haven't got mine finished, but that's what happens when you have 5 projects going at same time. Bad Me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your baskets are lovely and certainly seeing them on your blog convinced me to join in too! Unfortunatley I had to go shopping for more wool and background! Sorry your daughter lives so far away, but the upside of this is interesting holiday destinations nominated for you and a deadline to clean the guest bedroom out (of sewing stuff) before they arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree about children living nearby. My daughter just moved her family from 36 hours away to 11 hours away. At least it is an improvement!
    LOVE your baskets! You inspired me to save the patterns for making them someday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The baskets are awesome, Hope you had a good workout today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hear, hear! I so agree that one's offspring should not live more than 3 hours away! (Mine are a whole continent away!) :-(
    Love your little baskets. They are so charming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Each block is so pretty, it's hard to choose just one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish that this was my quilt...warm and wooly, yet light enough to be spring/summery. The dark background is perfection! Don't you love having a stash!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your flower baskets are all SO pretty! I can't pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete