Sunday, November 29, 2015

Free Pattern...

Santa's Workshop is HUMMING...right now batting fluff is flying...there are EIGHT runners (and we are not talking running reindeer!), two baby quilts and a major quilt in the workshop ready for quilting and the mid-arm is not cooperating!

In fact, I have taken the Pfaff off the quilting frame...and would have taken a hammer to it, if Jo from Jo's Country Junction hadn't said that this is her favourite piecing machine!  She is so right...LOVE this machine OFF the frame...ON the frame I HATE it!  If you are thinking of buying a Grand Pfaff 1200 as a mid-arm for your quilting frame, then RUN!  It's not worth the grief!  If you are thinking of it for your piecing machine, then you are going to LOVE IT!

Looks like 2016 will be bringing me a new mid-arm!  Have you got any recommendations?  Come on we want to hear about it! I can't afford a long arm and really can't justify the cost of one...I am happy with a mid-arm, WHEN IT WORKS!

So I have NOTHING to show you...secrets..mum's the word, around here!  BUT I did stumble onto this FREE PATTERN yesterday.


I was on Instagram yesterday and a quilter was putting the finishing touches onto her quilt...it was THIS quilt!  Let me tell you it was Drop Dead Gorgeous!  She had made it up in blues and greys and it looked so Wintery perfect!  Immediately I turned to Mr. Google for help...typed in "Bundle Up Quilt Pattern" and PRESTO...instantly found this pattern and it's FREE! (Man, I love the internet!)  So of course I have to share!  Go HERE for your FREE 'Bundle Up' pattern!  

That's it...that's all I got this morning!  I am busy quilting quilts...on the domestic...soooooooooo sloooooooowwww!  BUT I will crank up the Christmas music and make my way through it...a quilter does what a quilter does...falalalalah la la la lahhhhhh....

Have a SUNNY Sunday and Happy Stitching!~P


15 comments:

  1. I have a Sweet Sixteen and haven't had any problems with yet. I bought it in Phoenix Quilt Show 2 years ago. It was a class one from Road To CA. You could check with Handicrafter for used ones at the show. Mine is a sit down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HandiQuilter just released a new midarm model last month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an HQ!6 that's probably 8-9 years old now. It runs like a champ. It never gives me tension problems, even with metallic threads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HandiQuilter just released a new midarm model last month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take a look at the Jukis........when u r south for winter test drive a few brands.....I totally understand about the pfaff lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the pattern recommendation...it really is a cutie!

    As for quilting machines, the APQS company cannot be beat in my opinion. They just came out with a new midarm model, though they have several others already in their fleet. I have the Millenium longarm (hand-guided, no computer) and have loved it from day one. The APQS machines have lifetime warrantys and their customer service is the best out there!

    November 29, 2015 at 9:10 AM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your mid-arm sewing troubles. I only have a domestic machine to quilt on... or I send quilts out to the longarm quilter..so I don't have any recommendations. But quilting to Christmas music sounds good!! Cute pattern.. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry you're having problems with your 1200!! I loved mine when it was on my frame :-D I do love it for putting together rag quilts though - it is a power house and (as I call it) a one hit wonder LOL! I have the Pfaff Power Quilter on my frame now and I have no complaints. Like you I couldn't afford a big long arm but i am happy with mine :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get a longarm!! Your grief will be over, I will help you find a used machine--tell me what your budget is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I won't have time this year, but I will make christmas quilts for next year, it is time;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok that is super duper cute - thanks for sharing again and giving me more things to add to the to do list lol. Good luck on your search - I'm in the market for a new sewing machine - embroidery unit - that's going to be pricey as well. Hugs - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hands down I would recommend a Handiquilter. I have heard people are enjoying the Juki and/or Block Rocket machines to, so it does depend on what your frame can handle. If you are headed South this winter, Road to CA will have them all on display for test driving.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the pattern. Will make it next year, using wool for all the appliqué.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to know I'm not the only one frustrated with a Mid Arm! I'm entering every day for the APQS they are giving away the 15th of December. I can dream can't I? Pfaff's are good piecing machines. Have fun test driving.

    ReplyDelete