Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Inbox Jaunt...

Lori Kennedy says that HER MOTHER is her biggest fan, well I beg to differ!  I have been reading and doodling from her blog, The Inbox Jaunt, for months now...LOVE HER BLOG!  If you are serious about becoming a better quilter than this is the blog for you!  Because of Lori, I went out and bought a grid notebook..just for doodling practice!  I figured that maybe it would improve my doodling if it was on grid paper...:o)  I mean really...if you are going to doodle, then let's do it right!

What a surprise when I got an email from Lori wondering if I would be interested in reviewing her new Craftsy Video, 'Divide and Conquer: Creative Quilting for Any Space'.  WOULD I BE INTERESTED?! Do quilters LOVE chocolate?  YES!!  Of course I would! ANYTHING for Lori!


So for the last week I have been 'in class'....Crafts' Class!  I do an hour here and an hour there...and man, is it good!  I am such a good student, taking notes and doodling like crazy!

Lori opened her first class by addressing my first fear...my fear of messing up a quilt that I have worked months on!   (How did she KNOW?)  Yup...I have tons of quilts waiting in the wings for a miracle to happen... like for me to become a 'better' quilter!

Yup...these two tops have been waiting far too long....
 Lori addresses EVERYTHING...from threads, doodling, batting, spacing...and yes, of course practicing!  She also shows us how to divide our quilt...and how to mark it...so that we can conquer it with quilting!  Gawd...I'm sounding like a quilter!
                                              


There are also plenty of written materials that you can download and print off...including grid compositions, perfect for doodling practice!  Lori has thought of everything!

There is also a Projects Page where 'students' can share what they have been practicing!  Love that!  One of Lori's student made a mat out of each lesson...yup, there is one in every class!! haha  There is also a question and answer section!

These lessons are invaluable...especially if you are like me, a visual learner!  Seeing and then doing, is vital!  And the good part about these lessons is that you can watch them over and over again!

My notes...please don't judge...:o)

I must confess...I still have one more lesson to watch...before I go back and re-watch the whole series again...and maybe again after that!  BUT I noticed on Lori's Blog 'The Inbox Jaunt' that she has a SALE happening ...and I didn't want you to miss out on it!  It's for her Blog Followers...you get $10 off!!  You are a Follower, aren't YOU?  If you're not, then you should be!!
                                             
Lori's Blog is wonderful...very informative...lots of pictures...and lots of 'how tos'...but her CLASS takes it to a whole other level!  There is something about watching someone plan out the design, draw it, then take it to the machine and draw it with thread!  And yes, she is using an ordinary sewing domestic machine!! Love it!

So if you want to learn to quilt...as I do...then hurry over to Inbox Jaunt...check out her blog and become a Follower!!  Then check out her Craftsy Class...and the rest will be history...You can thank me later!!

But first...thank you Lori!!  Anytime you want a video reviewed, then you know who to call...your BIGGEST FAN!

Have a wicked Wednesday and Happy Stitching...or doodling!~P

3 comments:

  1. I am a follower and live seeing what she can do with a sewing machine! May have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great recommendation. I'll go and check it out. I know you can't get better without practice. Your biggest fear is mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds interesting but signed up for Leah Day`s reminds me must check it out it is over a week and not looked at it yet!

    ReplyDelete