Friday, July 29, 2016

Linen Closets' Little Woolie Basket BOM


I finished stitching the last two blocks to Linen Closet's Mystery Basket BOM for 2016...What a FUN project!!
Yes, I changed up that last block just a wee bit...Here's a couple of close-ups...
                                              

I used a paper hole punch to cut out the wool berries!  I first backed the red wool with Heat N Bond Lite...and it worked like a charm!
                                 
A HUGE thank you to Dawn Heese for taking the time to design such wonderful blocks for us to stitch!  They were fast and fun...and very SWEET!  There is nothing like a basket quilt!

And here are all the blocks together on my design wall...waiting!
They are going to have to wait a while longer because I am off and running!  I won't be blogging for the next few days either, as I am meeting up with my middle daughter in Seattle for a girl's weekend! I'm sure we can get into all kinds of mischief!  And yes, there are JoAnn coupons in my purse!  Ohhh.. how I have missed 'her'!!

Have a FUN Friday and a great weekend...and Happy Stitching!~P










13 comments:

  1. Your blocks are so beautiful. I'm anxious to see the finished quilt. Have a wonderful weekend with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like what you did with the last block. Mine is ready to be quilted this weekend. It was a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blocks--such cute wool-ey patterns--I've never worked with woolens..I do like how they look finished...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea using the paper hole punch for the berries. All the blocks look wonderful. Enjoy Seattle with your daughter, I'm sure there will be fun to be had. Especially in the quilt shops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing how everyone puts their mark on this great project. Love your variation for the last block.

    Hope the ferry ride over to Washington state is smooth without any border issues! Have fun at Joanne Fabrocs and with your daughter of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE what you have made for your last two baskets! Some "sincere flattery" (copying) may happen here. : )
    Enjoy time with your daughter. Was supposed to be with my oldest daughter in Oregon right now, but car trouble sent us back home. Bummer!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your blocks ...each one beautiful! Have a great time in Seattle with your daughter.
    Seattle is one of our favorite places to visit...great food, friendly city and the Cuhuly Garden and Glass ! Perfect...have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have some great girl time together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your girls are going to have a fabulous time. The basket blocks are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your wee baskets look great! Have a great time in Seattle !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant idea to use a paper hole punch for your tiny circles. Have fun in Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blocks came out beautifully and I Love how they all look together, that dark background really makes a stunning contrast.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete