Sunday, July 3, 2016

A Day at the Fair...

Saturday's adventure took me to the Vintage Fair at the Cobble Hill Raspberry Farm.  I always love this venue as it's held in a huge field and the crowds aren't as congested.

But first you need to go passed the raspberry shed...(yes, I was early....)
                                    
Lots of places to rest and take it all in...
                                       

But no one was sitting...YET!!
                                       

And then down into the field...(yes I was first in line...so no  people at the booths YET!)
                                       
The booths circled the entire field...(not great for wheelchairs or walkers!)

                                      
                                      

It's time for them to open...the race is on....YEEHAW!

LOVED these stars but way too pricey for this girl!  Plus I couldn't see hiking back to the car with this strapped to my back!  But so beautiful...(ok, OK...IF they had been cheaper, I would have happily strapped a couple to my back...they were THAT nice!)
 This lady made the prettiest aprons out of recycled vintage tablecloths and fabric!  I know...not a great picture...but you can sort of see them fluttering in the breeze...







 I felt like dropping to my knees and going through this lovely old cupboard!  I bet there were lots of treasures to be found inside...BUT not a pretty sight trying to get back up again!  UGH...it's a *beep* getting old!
 Check out the table made from the base of an old treadle sewing machine...
 And several machines...

 Need a wooden box or two?
 How about some antlers?  You can never have too many antlers....




 I loved this booth!  So much to look through and poke around in...

 The trunks were wonderful!

 Need a ladder?  Every quilter needs a ladder or two...
 Succulents seem to be the rage...





I loved that metal box on the left...no I didn't buy it...but I should have!  I am still kicking myself...


 I loved the way they turned this old washboard into a chalkboard!
 Check out the plant hanger...so easy to make...throw in a touch of burlap and you have a dang cute planter!

I think this man thinks so too!  He's probably going to go home and whip up half a dozen of them for the little woman...just because he's that kind of guy!:o)



 SO...I hate to disappoint you but I didn't buy much...What I did buy?
  Here's my loot...meager as it is!
 An old white jug to add to my collection, some old tart tins, a wee bench, a dove tailed box, and an old wooden lid for my wooden bowl!  I know, I know...more junk!  But good junk none the less! haha
 I also found a booth where the lady turned old vintage tablecloths into pendant jewelry!  I HAD to buy one!  Too pretty not to!

So ends another perfectly wonderful Vintage Fair!  It's all about the hunt for the perfect deal!  Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!:o)

Have a SUNNY Sunday and Happy Stitching!~P










9 comments:

  1. I like your bounty. And you are so right, it is all about the hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of inspiration there! I'm still trying to decide what color to paint my Grandmother's Corner Cupboard and the little cabinet/shelf that held books at my bedside when I was little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a lovely day to enjoy, perfect weather and some nice finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely good junk. You made good choices, love it all--though I think I would have thrown in one of those small ladders. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. What restraint!!! I think what you got was wonderful but I'm sure I wouldn't wound up with more!! Beautiful fair!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun place to shop and my favorite is the washboard with chalkboard, I would have grabbed that;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. so many wonderful treasures for sale here you were a good girl able to resist so much there are so many things I would have wanted to take home especially the white cupboard full of treasures

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a day, I'm already exhausted just looking at the photos. So many wonderful things to look at. You definitely should have bought the metal box, however, the things you did buy are great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right, it's about the hunt and you hunted up some cute things. I love poking around all that good stuff.

    ReplyDelete