Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Goals for August...

I confess...my goals for August came to a screeching halt!  It appeared that I needed a rest from my dreaded checklist...or rather I needed some QUALITY playtime!:o))  And the Improv Winter Trees and Birds were just the ticket!  I had fun... tons of FUN!  Thank you Pie Lady Quilter for the inspiration and the tutorials to get 'er done!

So my tree and bird blocks are now officially a flimsy!  Here's hubby struggling to hold up the quilt last night!  It was too big to get the whole flimsy held up by one person...

                                            

So I tried laying it out on the floor in the family room.  I had to stand on the coffee table to get this picture..and still couldn't get the whole quilt in the frame...Plus I was so afraid that the coffee table would end up in splinters!  (Man, I would NEVER live that one down!)  Also evening is definitely not the time to take pictures...such bad lighting but you get the idea!




And a couple of close-up shots...


I wanted to keep the background as neutral as possible to let the trees/birds and their borders shine. The only colours that I added to the neutrals were soft greens, blues and browns...with little glimmers of red.

 So now I will put this quilt top on the midarm quilting frame, with something soft and cozy for the backing and get it completely finished...no it's NOT going in the 'to be quilted basket' because we KNOW what happens to quilts in there..:o(...
I also need to pull out that checklist and get back on task!  I have plenty of UFOs that need to be crossed off the list... plus there are those wee houses that need to be made into a quilt top,  barns need to be built, clam shells need to be appliqued, a challenge quilt needs to be finished and the Buds in a Basket Quilt needs more BIG stitch quilting...plus a baby quilt needs to be started...yup...the list is growing fast!  Let's hope that there are no distractions this month! heehee....Seriously, I have no will power! NONE!


Have a terrific Tuesday and first day of SEPTEMBER...(yowzers!)  and Happy Stitching!~P

21 comments:

  1. I hope you do get it finished it is just fantastic. Way too good to sit in a "waiting to be quilted and bound" pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you had fun with this! It's just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on completing this flimsy! Gorgeous and creative, all rolled into one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! This really took you out of your wool quilts. I love your hard work! I am working on twister Jack. This is a fun quilt too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Paulette - totally worth going 'off list' for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how it came out, that is such a beautiful and happy quilt.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That turned out super cute. I like the use of the neutrals and just those few splashes of color. You captured the look of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the trees and birds, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on finishing this top! You did wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good! Can't wait to see how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. have been following you faithfully on this quilt journey and now it is a flimsy and so impressed, this is a quilt I would love to own it is so unique and the birds really make it sing.
    Congratulations a true masterpiece,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you put this together really fast! I really like it, I like the triangle borders. A super quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhhh Paullette...I just lve your tree and bird quilt!! it is so unique and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Turned out beautifully! But now I want to see how it looks with the quilting part done. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so agree that sometimes we have to stop our frantic pace and just make something quick and satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute and happy quilt. When you began with the tree blocks I wouldn't have imagined it's adorable quilt developing from them. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute and happy quilt. When you began with the tree blocks I wouldn't have imagined it's adorable quilt developing from them. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woo hoo! It looks great, Paulette. I think it's an excellent idea to quilt it while you're still keen, lol. I've been trying to follow my muse more too. ;)

    ReplyDelete