Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Victoria Quilt Show 2014…

…was held this weekend!  Of course we went!  In fact we were practically the first in line…I wish I could tell you that we were anxious to see the gorgeous quilts on display…but you know me…it was all about the VENDORS! 

We were interested in one vendor in particular…The THREADED NEEDLE!  We made a bee-line straight for Susan’s booth…I bet she was wondering what hit her!!

IMG_0872

Susan comes all the from Gibsons…a ferry ride away…and brings her lovely wares with her~ beautiful Japanese yard dyed fabrics…wools and threads, purse clasps and toggles and buttons galore…oh AND all of the latest Japanese Quilters’ quilting books!!

IMG_0873

Wouldn’t it be fun to take a sashiko stitchery class from her…

IMG_0874

IMG_0896

IMG_0875IMG_0876

But it was the Japanese stitchery projects that caught my eye….

IMG_0877

I can see a teacher loving this purse!  Coming home after the LAST class of the year and changing out her purse!!  Let those lazy days of Summer begin!

IMG_0878

Susan has tons of purses made up and all the patterns to make them yourself!

IMG_0884

Dang cute purses…

IMG_0886

Don’t you LOVE this one!

IMG_0893

Susan even had 3” yarn dyed hexies…40 per package for $11.95!!  A steal!

IMG_0894IMG_0895

And a huge table of yard dyed fabrics…in metre, half metre or FQ cuts!  Be still my heart!

IMG_0883

Linens, threads, toggles, buttons and clasps…oh and do-dads!

IMG_0885

Loved this thread catcher bag…

IMG_0897

…surrounded by bird houses!!  Sweet!

IMG_0898

BUT it was THIS quilt that stopped us in our tracks and made us get out our drooling bibs!!  It was stunning!!  My camera DOES NOT do it justice!

IMG_0879

Just LOOK at it…

IMG_0882

Magnificent!

IMG_0881

The pattern can be found in this Yoko Saito’s book, “Strolling Along Paths of Green”!

IMG_0887

WOW!!

IMG_0888

And we noticed more green hues added to Susan’s yarn dyed fabrics!  Hmmm…wonder why?:)

IMG_0889

Love the way Susan has added the special effects!

IMG_0890IMG_0891

Yup…we were liking this quilt…a lot!!

I hope you enjoyed A Threaded Needle as much as we did…and if you did, then check out her ON-LINE shop!  Her prices are GREAT…and she has EVERYTHING that you will need to make any of these projects…and then some!!  Plus this gal has all the latest Yoko Saito books!!  And check out THOSE hexies!!  You won’t be sorry…

There’s more to come tomorrow on the Victoria Quilt Show…we may even get around to the QUILTS! :O)

Have a SUNNY Sunday and Happy Stitching!~P

8 comments:

  1. Paulette, you and I are like a pea in a pod. The vendors! I always do vendors first, and to be sure I don't miss anything I do them twice, first starting from the left of entrance and second from the back from the left. You wouldn't believe what you miss the first time around, then if time is left a look at the quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so beautiful. Thanks for the link. I'm hopping over to her shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful creations! Thanks for those pictures... always inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you went straight to her table, I could not walk away from that without spending all my money, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been ordering from her shop since last June, when she had a booth at the Salmon Arm quilt show, and saw her this spring as well. Great stuff, great service. She has a lovely pattern for a ball that holds your yarn while you knit or crochet, and also has the beautiful zippers to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have shared some real beauties with us today and I so agree the quilt is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG the photos are lovely! I am definitely putting this show on my list of places to be in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG the photos are lovely! I am definitely putting this show on my list of places to be in 2015!

    ReplyDelete