Monday, April 28, 2014

Picture Perfect…

My great Thrift Shop find may have not been such a good find after all!!

                           IMG_0809

This is how I wanted to hang them on my bathroom wall…lined up straight and tall.

When I flipped the plaques over I could see that the holes were not evenly spaced…there was a good 1/4” difference on both top and sides…I wonder if the person who previously owned these plaques gave up on hanging them and finally donated them to the Salvation Army?

Sooo…how to hang them??

IMG_0812

Here’s what I did…I cut out three pieces of paper the same size as the wall plaques and I numbered both the wall plaque and the paper. (All three were different with different spacing!)

IMG_0811

I laid the wall plaque face down on my knees and placed the paper on top and with a pen I poked a hole where the nail should go.  (I also wrote ‘this side down’ on the paper as I did NOT want to get the paper reversed!!)

IMG_0813

See how wonky the holes are…yowzers!!

IMG_0814

I taped the paper to the wall and hammered the nails into each hole!!  [Wouldn’t you know that I would hit a stud…which meant the drill had to come out…which meant hubby came with it!  What’s with boys and their toys?  Don’t they realize we girls like to play too…:0]

IMG_0815IMG_0817

Anyway…it worked great!!  Amazing in fact! 

After finishing, I realized that I could have done all of this spacing and squaring up on one big piece of paper….  Oh well next time…

                         IMG_0818

It’s not a perfect job but it’s as perfect as wonky plaques can be!! 

Thanks for stopping by…have a magical Monday and happy stitching!

9 comments:

  1. Those look beautiful on the wall, I need to get out more and start hunting for some new goodies.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea about the paper......when I hang light weight things I use the 3m double sided sticky things that just pull right off and don't mark the wall or take the paint off......they even work perfect for hanging wall quilts.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea about the paper......when I hang light weight things I use the 3m double sided sticky things that just pull right off and don't mark the wall or take the paint off......they even work perfect for hanging wall quilts.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a perfect job to me. And the colour of your walls is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great planning and execution on a job well done. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where there's a will, there's a way. Oh so I have been told. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful... great find! and it takes a brain to figure all that out! hats off to you and your brain. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great. This weekend. I got the Annie Sloan paint from your daughters blog. I'm going to play. Thanks for the info ! Gonna be fun !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm...I think I might've resorted to double stick velcro depending on the wall surface.

    ReplyDelete