Friday, October 28, 2016

"SQUIRREL!!"

I believe it was Woolie Mammoth who said she has the attention span of a dog...shout the word 'Squirrel' and she was off onto another project.  

Well...Woolie Mammoth and I have a lot in common...here was my 'Squirrel' for this week...STOCKINGS...found in Bonnie Sullivan's new book 'A Change of Seasons'...they are such fun to stitch and VERY sweet!

 The snowman is finished...


 ...but needs the twenty or so snowflake buttons to be sewn on and jazzed!  I know...this one looks more like a daisy...but I haven't finished...Just wait!
 I have finished appliqueing the candy canes hanging on the branches...and now need to do the special effects...stitching the veins on the holly leaves, the stripes on the candy canes and adding the berry buttons....this is the FUN part!
 The cardinal stocking is finished...and now I will play with how to finish this stockings off...I'm thinking a wee band of red, followed by a cuff of green...and of course the name at the top...
                                                
I have also been working on baby quilts...two tops done, two more in the works...but will save that for another day!

WHAT... it's FRIDAY...AGAIN?   It CAN'T be the LAST Friday of October...ALREADY?  Jeeze Louise, time is flying by!  I better stitch faster...:o))... and let's hope that another Squirrel doesn't cross my path!

Have a Fun Friday and Happy Stitching!~P




17 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous!! I need to make two stocking for Christmas this year. Should get started soon. I have so many projects on the go! Lol! Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you be filling one of those stockings with quilt shop gift certificates for me? LOL! You are going to be ready for the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paulette preciosos trabajos, me encanta muñeco de nieve
    buen fin desemana

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to know I'm not the only one with the attention span of a squirrel! Whew!! I love your snowman - he's really cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are beautiful!
    Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love your "squirrel" project and you're such a fast stitcher P, I'm sooooo slow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so cute and pretty, looks like a great book. I am the same way, got distracted this week and another new project, a weird one this time, lol. IN the dryer now since I wanted it aged more than usual;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the stockings, how many more are you going to make??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Paulette! No point waisting time when you have a new book full of amazing patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I browsed the book those stockings really caught my eye! Looking really good. At least you are distracted by beautiful things. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whew!! Here I was feeling good that I had already ordered Bonnie Sullivan's book after reading about it on your site! You are amazing (as are so many others who can create and finish projects faster than I can blink!) Thanks for sharing these stockings -- your work is motivating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the cardinals are gorgeous! I'll be saying squirrel a lot now too...3 hooking projects going on...so far

    ReplyDelete
  13. And a very fine distraction these are!!! Beautiful! I had seen these in the book and wasn't too excited about them... but, seeing yours has made me want to stitch some up! :-) Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful stockings! Each year I think I have to make new ones for my family, but then Christmas comes and goes and I forget!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too love your stockings....you got them done quick.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Even if you say your attention span is short, you sew at warp speed. So it all balances out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely stitching Paulette, missed your Friday post I was busy with my stitching group on Friday and then tracing my snowman block from Stacy and prepping the wool pieces. Just loved stitching that guy yesterday and putting him up on the design wall.

    ReplyDelete