Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Another One Bites the Dust...

Put your dancing shoes on and form that Conga Line....we have another finish!

I can't believe that this one is DONE!  I got it finished relatively fast in my world of UFOs! :o))  as I started it in 2014!!:o)  Slow and steady...well maybe NOT that steady!  I tend to stitch the wool blocks, let it sit, stitch the machine pieced blocks, let it mellow and sit, stitch them all together, let them stew and SIT...well you get the idea..there's always A LOT of sitting!

This is a Primitive Gatherings' pattern called 'Home For the Holidays'.  I made the quilt entirely from my stash...and ordered the border fabric (online) as it is a Primitive Gathering fabric and has the little reindeer on it... just like the wool reindeer in the bottom left row...just too cute not to!

                                         
I didn't want to mess up the quilt so I kept the quilting simple...a meander around the wool motifs.  Not the greatest but she is done!



 This one I am keeping and will hang in the dining room every Christmas!  It's just too cute not to!

I caught up with hubby out in the backyard...he was painting the deck bench so I roped him into holding the quilt for pictures!  Sure hope his hands were clean!!  Oh well, paint or no paint, she is done!  Start up that band, grab the person in front...and kick those feet nice and high! 

U-F-O kick!  U-F-O KICK!  U-F-O KICK!  Yup, getting a UFO done is always reason to celebrate!!  

Have a terrific Tuesday and happy stitching!~P

20 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finish, such a sweet quilt.

    After meeting up with Anna last week I dug out an older UFO and hope to work on it also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Congrats on a fabulous finish! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is definitely a winner--and it is finished!! I'd kick, but I don't have time for more physical therapy right now, and I hate to think what a kick would do to my body!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Paulette! You are on a roll now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You are on a major roll. I hope you can send a little of that momentum to the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great finish, and you're now waaay ahead on the Christmas sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous. You've been on a roll lately. Maybe I could bring some of my UFOs over to your house and 'get em done.' haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl! By the time we get to "Finish It February" you're going to be All Finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love finishing UFO's and love finishing Christmas projects early, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Paulette. This one is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a beautiful quilt and so much piecing, but the mix of stitching and piecing really makes the quilt, love it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous quilt! You did a superb job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a sweet one Paulette, one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember when you were working on this quilt. A good finish. You are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that is just great. The setting blocks are just the right thing for the wool appliqué blocks. Surely Christmas can't be too far off

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never good to act too quickly. :-)
    Cute holiday quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been dancing like a Rockette since I read about your finish. It's super cute and DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! I have the pattern somewhere? Only 2014, that's really good!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very adorable! Love it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is wonderful and I love your UFO K-I-c-k. This quilt would go great with my UFO that got finished this summer.

    ReplyDelete