Friday, February 5, 2016

It's F-Month...February Friday Finishes...

I am excited to say that this our FIRST ever February Friday Finishes Post!  Nancie Anne Quilt Blog is also participating in our February Fun, along with Just Judy... I can't wait to see what they have accomplished!  Just Judy...who doesn't blog...will be sending pictures shortly...right JJ?:o)

It started off as a hellish week for me...I got the flu...AGAIN!  (I am SO getting a Flu Shot next year!) I spent all day Sunday sleeping. Monday I felt like a train had hit me, Tuesday we went for a short walk outside...and the fresh air invigorated me so much that I managed to get a few things done!  FINALLY...

During the days I worked on 'Home For the Holidays' by Primitive Gatherings...and by Thursday it became an official 'flimsy'!  Sew EXCITING...I know...I have to get out more! haha
 And zooming in for a closer look....

Love the tree, the angel, oh and the stocking!
 And check out the gingerbread man with the thighs!  Love him!
 In the evening, I stitched and F-inished this block to 'Where the Cows Come Home'...a Kathy Cardiff and Taylor Olvera pattern!  I think this one is my favourite!  I know...I know... I have said that about all the blocks but this one is REALLY sweet!
 And I banged off this sweet puppy!  It was prepped and ready to roll....what's a quilter to do?!  It's a Maggie Bonanomi Pattern and so darn sweet!!  A perfect spring pillow!
I stitched it on white tea stained blanket wool.  NEVER, never poo-poo a wool blanket!  Sure the wool is a lot thicker than regular bolt wool and can't be used for applique BUT this wool makes the perfect backgrounds for pillows and mats!   Just look at the way this one stands at attention...perk little corners...(my corners haven't been this perky in years...I couldn't resist! haha)  I didn't even need to blanket stitch the edges!  Love this little guy...and doesn't he look at home mixed in with the other Spring Pillows!

My Weeping Pussy Willow Tree is just starting to break out in pussy willows...I think I will nestle a few branches here and there to finish off this bowl.  Maybe I'll finish it up by NEXT February's Friday!


It really is too bad February is such a short month....

Oh...and don't forget to head over to Nancie Anne's Blog!  I know that she will have something Fun, Fabulous and Fantastic Finishes this Friday in February!  (Now say THAT five times really Fast!)

Have a Fun Friday Finishing up of your own...and happy stitching!~P




20 comments:

  1. Those are great finishes.... I'm still organizing my fabric... I better get a move on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great finishes.... I'm still organizing my fabric... I better get a move on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas quilt is fabulous!!! I may have to get that pattern. Are you going to quilt it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a Finisher! I'd better get moving. Scalloped table mat is on the verge. Too bad 5 friends are coming for dinner! I wonder if they sew with wool?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic finish on your Christmas quilt. And you even snuck in another cute spring pillow. The tiny sheep around the barn is too sweet. Hope you have a resistance to the flu now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, for someone that was under the weather you managed to get tons don - good for you. Still totally loving that quilt, and those little gingham wool sheep are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry to hear you got the flu Paulette, my cold is almost gone. Your flimsy looks great!

    The lambs are adorable and you've quite the little pillow collection there.

    I've never seen a weeping pussy willow tee.,please share some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that Primitive Gatherings quilt.
    And those little lambies on that barn block stole my heart.
    Okay, you are having WAY too much fun with little pillows--seriously! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that quilt, with the fabrics and wool you used, it just makes the piece.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty finished quilt and pillow! Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You've accomplished a lot in a week and being under the weather too! Your PG quilt looks fabulous! and the barn block! and the wee pillow.....❤️ So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep! Gonna start calling you Perky Paulette from now on! You did great for being a sick girl this week! So impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The barn with the sheep....good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. quilt looks fab and the barn block too so many pillows you have there impossible to pick a favourite

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too much Fun and Finishing while feeling low. I am with the other in loving on that Barn block. Hmmm, Mary had a Little lamb, maybe it needs to be a school instead of a Barn...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very beautiful pattern & quilt, congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great finish! I love the fabrics you used in the pieced blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the "Home for the Holidays" quilt -- turned out so beautiful! And love the barn -- wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the "Home for the Holidays" quilt -- turned out so beautiful! And love the barn -- wonderful!

    ReplyDelete