Friday, July 31, 2015

Goals for July...

Blah...who's idea was it to have GOALS anyway?  Certainly not mine!!  ;o)

Well let's get it over with...

1. Ten wee houses got made...

                                    

...for a total of 72 houses!  I am really liking the size of this...8 houses by 9 houses.  I never had a goal SIZE...so this might be it...OR do I want to make it really big?  I will leave it up on the design wall and get a feel for it...and I wouldn't mind sprinkling a few trees here and there....

 2. This UFO got put together last month and July saw it quilted with an all over meander.  I am liking it a lot!!  Binding is scheduled for August!!
And some close ups!


 A soft, soft flannel on the back makes this a VERY cozy quilt!


 3.  'Winter Wonderland' by Norma Whaley got machine quilted but I really want to do some BIG stitch quilting on this one before the binding goes on!  That will be a project for August!  Love this quilt!


I did an all over meander on this one too...and I am so glad I did, as it was a tough one to quilt, what with all the wool applique!

 4. Block four of 'Where the Cows Come Home' got stitched!  Such a fun project!

5.  This quilt was beautifully quilted by Hazel, then the binding and label got stitched onto the School House quilt at the beginning of July...and all was completed well before the Wedding, which was on July 18th!



6.  More UFO busting....I am currently Big Stitch Quilting Baptist Fans onto my 'Buds in a Basket' quilt...it's set up in our family room right in front of the TV (and the fan) and will be an on going project!  Man, I love this quilt!



7.  Clam Shells...only two rows got stitched...can you tell that it is my least favourite project?  

 And the gravy....I continue to hand applique Orange Peels...usually at Heritage Quilting....

And this little wool mat by Kathy Cardiff got stitched on our drive to Calgary!!  Backing goes on next!



 It's funny, at the beginning of each of these 'Goal' Posts I think I don't have much to write about...and then I go and surprise myself!  I can actually SEE those UFO biting the dust...which is such a VERY good feeling!

Was it me or did July go by in the blink of an eye?  OUCH!!  I've got to take time to smell the (wool) roses! haha

Have a Fun Friday and Happy Stitching!~P

9 comments:

  1. Look at what you whizzed through while July was whirling by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a collection of 100% cotton striped shirts that I've bought at thrift stores to make a quilt like the second one you shared. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a collection of 100% cotton striped shirts that I've bought at thrift stores to make a quilt like the second one you shared. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the looks of it, you got a lot accomplished in July, and you were away for two weeks. Now what for August?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, you get more done in a month than I can only dream of!!! And a wedding thrown in for good measure! Such great projects - love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you eat an elephant? One little bite at a time.:) Your little house quilt is looking especially amazing! And of course all your other projects continue to inspire as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You lots done this month! I am really loving your little houses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have certainly been very creative this last month lots of lovely things, especially like the houses, can`t do paper piecing but have found the mystery quilt along with the Painted Quilt blog which are houses done without the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Great job Paulette. The two color house quilt is AWESOME! So classic!!

    ReplyDelete