Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Flying HIGH!

How's this for a WONDERFUL friend....She see's a vintage quilt that she KNOWS that I would love...so she takes pictures of it...



Oh my...I LOVE THIS QUILT!!

...then she buys me the pattern, that was designed after this 1930's quilt...and

if that wasn't enough....she adds this lovely fabric and Roxanne's applique glue to make it!!  I love EVERYTHING...and it's not even my birthday!  Thank you WONDERFUL Friend!  You are the BEST!

This is such a HAPPY quilt...can't you see BIG stitch quilting on this one?  Oh man...I have the urge to cut into this fabric and get started on those balloons!  Plus...I have lots of wee scraps of 30's fabric to make the balloons!  (My motto is hoard save everything!!)  Patience...patience...I now KNOW what my next applique project is going to be!!  :o))  Get the Orange Peel quilt finished FIRST...then move onto 'Balloon Bouquet'!  (I am biting my fist....and grimacing! Patience isn't in my vocabulary...)  Friends really do put you to the test, don't they?!:o))

Have a wicked Wednesday and Happy Quilting!~P

11 comments:

  1. And the multi-colored strings are so cute too! Is the quilt a full size? How much fabric does each little balloon require? Go ahead.........start it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful quilt and a wonderful friend. I need to get going and get some things together, so i have hand sewing at the camp.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt, great friend. Will enjoy seeing your progress once you start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute. Looks like the original might have been a kit? Rather than nibbling at your fist, you should make a test block. That wouldn't interfere too much with the orange peel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it too! That is going to be so fun to make... and then you will have one of your own!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool! Who is your friend? I want to make friends with her! Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a temptingly adorable quilt. Lovely friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fabulous quilt this is going to be a friend who obviously knows you very well she could not have picked a better pattern for you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I LOVE this quilt! Sooo beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! Are the balloons yo-yos? Or could they be? (upside down of course.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fico encantada com os seus trabalhos, tão delicados...alegres, me lembram os trabalhos que minhas avós faziam...com tanta alegria....parabens...

    ReplyDelete