Thursday, March 26, 2015

The PERFECT Quilt!!

Is this not the PERFECT QUILT to make for two school teachers getting married this summer?

                     IMG_3959

YES, there is another wedding happening in our family…and we couldn’t be happier!!  Quilt Daughter (Basting Beauty Blog Fame) and her fiancé are tying the knot…THIS SUMMER!

Since they announced their engagement last summer, I have been on the look out for a SPECIAL quilt pattern that would reflect both of them…I want it to be modern but not TOO modern.  I want it to stand the test of time…I want it to be just as beautiful fifty years from now, as it is today…!

IMG_3960

I think this is THE QUILT to do just that!  It’s modern but it also has an old fashion feel to it!  I also love the positive/negative aspect to it!  It adds a bit more interest to it, don’t you think?  And there is that ‘School House’ aspect to it, and THEY ARE teachers!  PERFECT!!

Seriously…bells and whistles went off when this magazine FELL off the shelf as I was putting away my new magazines purchased down south! I swear…someone/something gave it a nudge…and it FELL off the shelf…It was meant to BE!!  I can’t believe that it was sitting on the shelf, at home, the whole time that I was down south LOOKING…

IMG_3961

I sent the happy couple a picture of it and they BOTH loved it!! Whew!!  So you see, it really was meant to be! 

I have three and a half months to ‘get ‘er done’… which is totally do-able!  My ‘To Do List’ will get pushed to the wayside but that’s OK!

*NOTE TO SELF*…NEVER make goals and NEVER have a TO DO LIST!!  Life happens and quilters have to roll with it! 

And speaking of ROLL, I have to loose a few to fit into my new MOB dress! :o) 

Have a thrilling Thursday and Happy Stitching!~P 

22 comments:

  1. Your Right!!! Its perfect for teachers and not to modern not to traditional!!!! Love the negative positive effect! Are you doing it in reds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is perfect! I love the fresh take on the school houses. And thanks for your sweet comments about Jason. I really appreciate it! I'm sort of freaking out... Love the quilt pattern! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt pattern! Is there a pattern for the bunny mug rug that I have seen on Pinterest? Can you tell me where to get it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sensational in every way!! Look forward to following you on this one! Are you doing reds?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it is perfect. I made a little red schoolhouse wall hanging for a teacher who was celebrating 20 years as a teacher. She was just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's perfection Paulette and I'll look forward to watching it come together. I love Schoolhouse blocks and red & white quilts so if they don't like it...Just sayin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolute perfection! Love it and hope you will be posting your progress...
    Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Note to self: Forget about the dust. Just sew!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations and I like your quilt choice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beauty, Paulette! Is it wall sized or bed sized? Either way it will be wonderful. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous choice of pattern for two teachers. Looking forward to watching the production of these sweet schoolhouses. A good scrap buster I think with all those reds. It will be red won't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect quilt for teachers. Is it going to be red? A deadline----whew---you can do it. Losing a few lbs might be the harder job--lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to your daughter and soon son-in-law for having you their life to create such a perfect quilt to celebrate them. Look forward to seeing the finished quilt. Stitch on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to start a new quilt but waiting for my hip to recover, seems it went out again. That is going to be a wonderful quilt for them.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! I agree with you Paulette, this is the perfect quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous quilt, it's so nice when things fall into place!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great pattern! It's the best house pattern I've seen in a long time. Good luck with your deadline! Life is definitely about much more than our lists.:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great quilt! Ironically there is a similar pattern in the special winter 2014 issue of Quiltmania and another in the current issue as well. Very popular pattern, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is going to be a wonderful keepsake for the happy couple. I will love seeing your progress on this one. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Perfect is right. Isn't it grand when you can find just the right thing for a special person!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great quilt design and you are right that has the feel of a traditional quilt that will stand the test of time but it also has a modern twist. I wonder what colours will you use to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It usually works the other way around for me. I make a quilt with no one in mind. By the time its done someone will need that quilt, and its usually a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete