Monday, February 17, 2014

Snowy Days…

…NOT!! At least not here in Southern California…Do I dare tell you what our temperature has been?  (over 90F or 32C…and sunny!) Sorry…I know most of Canada and USA has been covered in the white stuff… But that doesn’t mean I haven’t been THINKING of snow!!

This is what I have been thinking about…the ACTUAL “Snowy Days” by Heart to Hand found in the Heart to Hand Booth at Road to California!! 

P1160877

My actual Snowy Days project was at a standstill.  I couldn’t tell by the pattern how or where to add the ‘special effects’…SEW the ladies in the booth offered this VERY helpful suggestion…TAKE as many close-up pictures as I want…so I am passing these pictures on to you…just in case you are having the same problem!

Ahhhh…now my snow stitching on the Snowy Days writing isn’t thick like this…when I asked what they used, they said they used actual yarn from JoAnn’s…the Vanna White yarn!!  (who knew that Vanna White even had a line of yarn?!)

IMG_4024

See all that fat yarn special effects…they used actual yarn and a big chenille needle!

IMG_4025IMG_4026

Looks like I am off to JoAnn’s in the search for Vanna’s yarn!!

IMG_4027IMG_4028

Love the stitching on the snowman’s nose!

IMG_4029

 

IMG_4030IMG_4031IMG_4032IMG_4033

Can you guess where I went…with coupons in hand?

You guessed it…JoAnn’s….and found the Vanna’s yarn!  But the yarn was fat…maybe too fat!  Maybe the wrong weight?  It’s all they had…

IMG_0126

I found this other stuff by Deborah Norville which is actual WOOL and lighter weight that might be better…?

IMG_0127

I will try these out and let you know…

IMG_0128

BUT I do hope these pictures help you finish your Snow Days!!  I always say that a picture is worth a thousand words…well in this case they are worth a trip to your nearest yarn shop!!  Happy hunting…

Hmmm…I might have to take up knitting…

Have a marvellous Monday and Happy Stitching!~P

18 comments:

  1. Oh my, Snowy Days is really cute. Love the snowmen! Thanks for the tip about the yarn. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently, Vanna has been crocheting for years. Nice to know you solved your dilemma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had read somewhere that Vanna was an avid knitter in her spare time. I think the use of that yarn as a thick outline accent is just perfect in that project. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those quilts are so fun and love the wools, great projects for the winter. There are so many yarns out now, lots of fun ones too, would like to use them in art pieces.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would of never thought of that, great idea. Did it not say in the directions? Hope you are enjoying the 90's---too hot for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! Snowy Days is in my pattern bin just waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of these days I plan to make something with snowmen too! These are just too darn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see the finished product, what is a chenille needle??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I don't have any excuse for not finishing my Snowy Days. Thanks so much for taking lots of pictures and passing them along .

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always have the best snowman projects!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! I've been having the same problem. The close ups are great. Now I can get back to this---- now I have to go shopping---if I could just go in and buy what I went in for--- I know that's not going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just finished the last block of that wall hanging and am having trouble figuring out how to hand quilt it. I can't tell from the pictures how Kathy did it. Can you remember?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wish I had know about this yarn before I finished my Snow Days. I might go back and add some to it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wish I had know about this yarn before I finished my Snow Days. I might go back and add some to it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wish I had know about this yarn before I finished my Snow Days. I might go back and add some to it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great tip on using the yarn- thanks for sharing! Just love this pattern and can't wait to see yours!:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice wool art. Although I am knitting a lot, I never worked on such projects. Greetings from Athens!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Its on my to do list, your quilts are all so beautiful together!
    Enjoy your warm weather, it sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete