Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Cathedral Windows…by Gwen!

We had a blast in the Clubhouse yesterday, making Cathedral Windows!!  Gwen is such a good teacher…no yelling at us…well hardly any yelling…and NO cuffing us on the sides of our heads when we did something stupid…Gwen has great restraint!!

It was a very pleasant, relaxing day…for most of us!!  I took some candid shots of the ladies working just after lunch…P1260127 It takes awhile to prep the background, getting it  ready for the wee 2 1/2” windows…

P1260146P1260147P1260148P1260149P1260150P1260151P1260152

Yup…this is mine (below).  I wasn’t happy with my window fabric…it was screaming baby quilt!  (I was hoping to use up the left over fabric from my Hexagon Quilt…)

P1260126

It’s pretty fabric…called Nature’s Chorus…but not the look I wanted!

P1260154

I need to go shopping for something better…something more sophisticated…something worthy of windows!!  So instead of hand stitching my window openings down I prepped more background blocks…

I know it LOOKS like a mess….

P1260153

But these little babies need to be flipped and pressed and formed into blocks ready for that lovely window fabric that has yet to be bought!!

Someday I’m hoping mine will look like Gwen’s…all grown up and sophisticated!!

P1260128

If you would like to try your hand at making Cathedral Windows than check out these videos…HERE!! 

Sorry, Gwen doesn’t make house calls!!:o))

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Stitching!!~P

12 comments:

  1. Those are very pretty - can't wait to see what you come up with :)
    Hugs - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Thanks for the link. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll leave those those to the sophisticated bunch there..
    Hugs, Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  4. So neat! I'm itching to try this out, Thanks for the video links.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did a pillow with mine and it was so much fun. I hope to do a quilt one day, the only thing it will be very heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blues remind me of the Carribean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they all look beautiful, love the look and the colors.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. DeJaVous...I just bought the book & ruler last week. Hope mine turn out as good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I'm so jealous Pauline... The Cathedral Wondow quilt is on my list... Thanks for the inspiration and can't wait to see what fabric you choose for your windows. Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! The video was quite clear ...I want to try this now! Thanks for posting the link!
    All the samples were lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are lovely. I would like to make a pillow using this method but I cant imagine a whole quilt.

    ReplyDelete