Friday, July 17, 2009

Pretty in Pink?

Stag Parties for the Groom....that is so sexist! Now we have Stagette's for the Brides too! My daughter had her's last weekend. All the girls met in Kelowna, B.C. where they spent a ladies weekend. Saturday night they donned pink wigs and feather boas and went out on the town. (Ahhh to be young again.......) The bride (the one in the tiara) is my eldest daughter and taught Grade 4 this year. Her sister Maggie is my middle daughter and received her Law Degree this year. My third daughter is living in Ottawa, Ontario making it too far to travel to don a pink wig....







Pretty in pink but much better in real life! (Bride is in white.) On Sunday, after a morning at the beach, all the girls stopped at a Lavendar farm. I can't believe that they are all grown up, out of the nest and getting married.......where's the kleenex.......again.....

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful daughters. In Ireland they have Hen Parties...we witnessed a group parading downtown. When my daughter was in HS...she had her gorgeous red hair dyed that shade of pink. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Paulette - your daughters are so BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughters are just so beautiful. Haven't things changed? In my day (yes, I'm very old) we didn't have hen parties, then when my daughter got married they had hen weekends, now, someone was telling me yesterday, they have hen weeks - she was off with friends to Miami for a week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is shocking pink! We often see Hen Party groups in town and they seem to have a lot of fun. Speaking as a mother I haven't reached that stage yet...

    ReplyDelete