Oyyy…it was a busy month…some goals were met…(insert happy dance)…some goals were not met (head hanging in shame)!
Here’s how my month went…
1. Ten wee houses made…bringing the total to 42 wee houses!!
2. Winter Wonderland by Norma Whaley Facebook Sew Along…block four complete!
Did you notice that I forgot to reverse the mittens?…crap! I cut out the yellow mitten first and it was the only piece of yellow in my stash! I couldn’t let that big piece of yellow Wool go to waste so I made ‘do’ and used it anyway! Who’s going to notice? Right? Shhhh! This quilt is SEW dang cute! On to the next block!
3. Clam Shells…two more rows added, for a total of…15! Done! Geeze, I thought it would be a lot bigger by now…is this quilt EVER going to end?
4. The Gift Quilt is ready for quilting….check!! A little bigger than I thought…but she is done! I plan to quilt it in May and put the binding on so that it will be ready for the gift wrap!
6. A UFO got completed…NOPE! This just didn’t happen…nada…no sir-ree-sir…no way, no how…BUT in all fairness I did complete 27 school house blocks for my daughter’s wedding quilt (see HERE)…enough to make and expand the quilt by half a row. I completed the 25 blocks then decided to make the quilt another row larger… I got two more houses done and need to stitch 3 more blocks to complete the house section of the quilt…so I am VERY please with this! So yippee…I am putting my thumb on my nose and waving my fingers at the unfinished UFO…it will have to wait for next month!
This is what 27 school house blocks look like all stacked up…positive and negatives together!
And now for the Gravy….More orange peels got hand stitched…almost seven completed blocks! I need to prep more blocks and get them ready for May’s stitching…
And life happens in amongst working on my goals…ie. a neighbourhood baby was born…so if that wasn’t reason to break out some BLUE fabric, I don’t know what was!!…and with a name like Mason, how could I not put it on his new quilt!
I still need to stitch the falling hexies, quilt the top and sew on the binding…but the plan is to gift it next week! I’ll show more pictures later!
All in all…I am rather pleased with my progress…except for that BLASTED UFO! Oh well, it’s been waiting about three years, so what’s another month…right?! It’s all good!
Have a thrilling Thursday and Happy Stitching!~P