Sunday, April 19, 2015

A Threaded Needle…

A Quilt Show is all about the VENDORS…I know, I know…it should be about the QUILTS and IT IS…but I always head for the vendors FIRST because the Quilts will still be standing long after the merchandise is SOLD…if you get my gist!

So on Friday when the West Shore Quilt Guild opened it’s doors to their Timeless Treasures Quilt Show, we of course headed straight for the booths…and A Threaded Needle was on the top of my list! 

Susan was there and she had more than doubled the size of her booth!  Yeehaw! 

IMG_4412

Her specialty is Japanese yarn dyed fabrics…including Sashiko patterns, fabrics and threads…

IMG_4413

Lots of different fabrics with the stitching pattern stamped right on…

IMG_4414

And tons of Japanese Books to leaf through…gorgeous books!

IMG_4416

And Susan had several of the purses made up in the linens and Japanese yarn dyed fabrics! All of them were works of art..

IMG_4415

Oh…did I mention the YARN DYED JAPANESE FABRICS?!  Several tables of these fabrics!

IMG_4417

And LOOK…she has gold/yellow too!  I looked all over Southern California for this colour…and found it on Kathy Cardiff’s online shop!  Wow!!  Such choice! 

IMG_4418

Blues, yellows, browns, greens and PINKS!!  I don’t have any pinks…until NOW!

IMG_4419

Susan even had PINK LINENS…checks, polka dots and stripes!

IMG_4433

And she also had Lecien Fabric…Japanese prints!

IMG_4434

IMG_4431

And Susan had all of the NEW blocks that she has been working on…from the patterns in her books!  Lovely blocks stitched onto lovely yarn dyed fabrics!

IMG_4420

Some close-ups…

IMG_4421IMG_4422IMG_4423IMG_4424IMG_4425IMG_4426IMG_4427

And here is the Backyard Birds runner that she had on her Newsletter!

IMG_4428

Nicer in real life…WAY nicer!

IMG_4429

Susan also sells every accessory for making handbags known to womankind!

IMG_4430IMG_4435IMG_4436IMG_4437

And LOOK at the Printed Linens…and solids…

IMG_4438IMG_4439

Gorgeous, whimsical printed linens….

IMG_4440

Yup…I thoroughly enjoyed Susan’s booth…A Threaded Needle!

IMG_4432

It’s a Good Thing…because even though you may not be able to visit her booth in person,  YOU can visit her on-line shop…and let me tell you, she sells EVERYTHING that you see here…and MORE!  Just sayin’…you might want to head over.  Just go HERE…and enjoy!

Also…you might want to sign up for her Newsletter on her left hand sidebar!  Susan is always doing tutorials and giving away patterns…you’re going to like it!

That was my sales pitch for today!  And no I am not on commission…just sharing the love!

Have a SUNNY Sunday and Happy Stitching!~P

8 comments:

  1. I haven't been to a quilt show in quite some time but when I have gone, I do the same as you. See the goodies before they are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I have never been to a larger quilt show with the vendors you have shown. Maybe that is a good thing!!! Someday..Something else to add to my list: "Things I need to experience when I retire!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to the show on Saturday with a friend of mine from Vancouver. We checked out the quilts, and they were beautiful. A lovely nine-patch batik with cream setting squares caught my eye. Then on to Susan's booth. I really love those little change-purse handles. Hamel's was next. Picked up a few goodies there. It's always inspiring going to a quilt show just to see how other quilters do things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! She is very talented and I love the variety of the yarn dyes! They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her booth is always my favourite as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fantastic show with wonderful creations, thanks for the photos Paulette. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous. What a great show (amazing vendors). Products I have never seen at other shows.

    I go for both the vendors, as well as seeing the quilts. And I move where ever the crowds are not. Love shows with vendors with unique items I can't find in my local shops. And love seeing the inspirational quilts on display. And, I'm delighted when a show also offers classes with amazing teachers and techniques.

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete