…is the secret to making these hexagons!
I wanted a fabric glue that holds the edges of the hexagons down long enough to stitch the hexagons together and then be able to lift up the glued edges for easy removal of the mylar template. Am I asking for too much?? Is there a product on the market that can do this??
The Lapel Stick also did a great job of gluing down the edges…a little messier as the stick is fatter…but we can live with a little mess…after all creating is MESSY work…or sew I tell my hubby!!:) I put an ‘L’ on the mylar template to indicate that this was glued by the Lapel Stick…
I know that you are ALL sitting on the edge of your seats wondering which one came unglued better…??? You know that these heavy duty Mylar templates HAVE got to be removed!
Here’s the proof…all of the centre ones have had the mylar removed…see the frayed blue one in the middle…it was glued using a Lapel Stick…what a mess!!
See this other blue hexagon…it was another Lapel stick hexagon too…this one was almost impossible to remove!
The Sewline Glue Pen hexagons were MUCH easier to remove…run a butter knife under and it came right up! Sometimes it popped out on it’s own!
So my hexagon quilt is growing…
I’m saving the Lapel Stick for when I want to glue fabric to fabric and I want a REALLY good hold! In fact, it would be perfect for a quick hem job…or to hold fabrics together before stitching.
So there you have it!! I really did come UNGLUED!!…and thanks to Sewline I think I will come UNGLUED tonight too!!
Have a Thrilling Thursday and Happy Quilting!~P